Nice rigs and hat! The snake shoulder holster has a pretty cool effect. Looks like you have put in a few hours of lacing :)..........Rory

Thanks Rory! I've laced a few miles... :) I'm heavy into a couple "period correct" rigs and 2 custom female stays at the moment. I hope to have some pics before long. I've done quite a few different snake species. They are challenging! My shoulder rigs are fully cant adjustable and simply swapping out the holster gives infinite firearm flexibility. Thanks again Rory!

Hey Slapleather,

Beautiful workmanship!!!!!! In addition, welcome to the greatest leatherworkers site around. Great folks here and always willing to lend a hand or simply discuss items of interest.

Love to see more of your work. Extreme talent in your house.

God Bless.

Ray

nice work, some unique looking pieces. you say period correct? what do you use to reference than, just curious. I really like the two right hand draw rig. I want to make a cross draw for my sons 22 revolver and a knife to .

DID YOU MAKE A FAUX SNAKESKIN WITH LACE??? Man, that is just incredible. If I had a hat, it would be off. Awesome work. Beautiful detail and your lace work is amazing.

really nice work there!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, everyone!

dragonspit, I use many sources for historical reference. There are many books and photos available, as well as some surviving rigs. Most importantly, it's a frame of mind, considering materials, technique, utility and finishing methods.

That is a mighty fine hat!

Thank you very much, everyone!

dragonspit, I use many sources for historical reference. There are many books and photos available, as well as some surviving rigs. Most importantly, it's a frame of mind, considering materials, technique, utility and finishing methods.

Gotcha. and Im sure artistic license gets used especially with the...add ons, as I am sure in the day, things were hobbled together as needed and a lot of that would not have survived. I read a book on historical leather a few years back, and although I cant remember the book title, I do remember a section on gun leather and the reality of what it was vs what you see in the movies. the final word was what was shown clint eastwood wearing in the outlaw josey wales, was the most common, if you had leather at all. most outlaws didnt have the money for leather holsters, and certainly not the high fashion stuff that was not so much available. it was interesting. but I really like your rigs and the differnent styles of adding items. the cross draw Im going to make for my son's revolver will be a little of this. thanx for sharing your cool stuff.

Thanks for sharing your projects. I hope to see more of them in the future, especially the snake pieces. That's some really cool stuff right there.

Edited by olds cool

Very nice work! I like the individualism you put into your rigs. The " Native American" looking rig is my favorite (They are all excellent though!)

Nice work!

Ok I've tried to find a pattern for that type of shoulder rig, but have come up empty. Anyone have a suggestion or two for me?