Sign in to follow this  
crossvillepappy

Making Lightbox For Tracing Patterns

Go to appliance junk or used parts place .Find fridge with movable glass shelves,and check that shelf brackets are higher on back side where it attaches to fridge.When you set this unit on a level table top it will be lower in front and higher by an inch or so in back which gives the tilt to the glass sheif.I used a cheap adustable desk lamp that I articulated so as light shined under shelf from back.The glass on my shelf is marked tempered so you won't have large shards in case of breakage.Also get a smooth glass ,some are a litte rippled

What I did was use a glass out of an old picture frame. Cut bottom of box out,taped glass

to box, cut hole to put a flashlight that you wear on your head and tape opposite of box.

Joe

Mine is a piece of plexiglass with a diffuser for fluorescent lights to even out the lighting.

Old fish tanks are a great source of tempered glass for things like this. Most 10 gallon tanks can be had cheap from yard sales. Heck just clean the glass really well use it on it's side with a light inside. If you need to diffuse the light... go get that dropped ceiling light fixture tile... you know the stuff that is plastic? shove a hunk of that in there between the glass and the light.

Me? I use my computer monitor... or tape bigger things to the window during the day.

get a LCD monitor/TV with a cracked screen, remove the cracked LCD and you have bright light,and diffusion with a clear screen cover.

get a LCD monitor/TV with a cracked screen, remove the cracked LCD and you have bright light,and diffusion with a clear screen cover.

Please don't do this unless you are HIGHLY SKILLED AT ELECTRONICS. There's stuff inside TVs that can KILL you.