Wizcrafts

Wanted: Craftool Round Bevelers And B61

I used to have almost every tool that Tandy and Midas produced. However, I sold off all of those tools in 2005. I have since acquired a huge amount of tools, but cannot find these particular Craftools. I hope some members can help me out.

The first type of beveler I am seeking is round and came in three diameters. It has a circular, smooth top and beveling face. They are used to bevel inside sharp curves. I don't know the model numbers.

The next tool is a B-61, which is a large, smooth face, undercut beveler, used to lift carved leaves and flower petals. I have a B-60 and it is too narrow for much of my carving. A wider tool will produce fewer side marks.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I am also looking for a Z999 Right and straight tool to match my Z999 Left decorative cutter.

Please contact me via PM if you can sell me any of these vintage tools.

PS: I have already looked on eBay. If these were ever available, I missed them. I'll keep watching though.

Edited by Wizcrafts

I have learned that the undercut beveler I want is actually a B61s - part of the saddle stamp group, which was sold by Tandy many years ago. It has a much wider handle than the common Craftools. Also, I learned that the round bevelers I am seeking were made in a series of three sizes, in both plain and checkered faces. They included numbers B 243, 244 (plain), 263 and 264 (checkered). The other size may be bigger, which would make it B245 or 265.

I have found a B61. All I still want are the round bevelers, mentioned in my first post.

I have found a B61. All I still want are the round bevelers, mentioned in my first post.

Noticed that there are some round bevelers on ebay now,

But if you are only wanting smooth ones, why not pick up an assortment of stainless steel rods and make your own with a grinder, file, and emery cloth?

That way you could alter them to suit exactly what you need them to be.