cmantz

Spot Setter -- Standard Rivet Or Weaver?

I would like buy a spot setter. I am looking at the hand/foot machines from either Standard Rivet or Weaver.

Does anyone have any recommendation on which is better?

I know Standard comes with a 100% money back guarantee. Price is $595 and includes two dies of your choice. The one from Weaver is a little less expensive when you figure in the cost of the dies.

Thanks

Chris

I have no actual experience with either of these models, just have used a hand setter or hand press for spots to date.

I too am considering a foot press and am leaning a bit towards the Weaver, mainly because of it's verstatility in doing much more than spots. In addition, last month received Weaver's quarterly newsletter/sales flyer in the mail and their foot press is on special until the end of March - it's not a big saving, but it all helps.

There was a similar post by a member not very long ago and I would be curious if they decided and what they bought and how they like it so far.

JJ

Thanks for the info on the sale. I didn't realize they were running a special. I will check it out tomorrow.

We use the Heritage one from weaver, have been happy with it, and it has alot of available options

We use a Heritage foot press and also the little wonder from weaver..The foot press is a little more versatile with the larger throat..

Happy New Year !

Sorry for the delayed reply, became a member just last night. Please consider our NEW Spot Setter. Great reviews and just an overall strong stable kickpress. You can email me ( tim@sxindustries.com or call me @ 781-828-7111 x.203 )

Thank you,

Tim

Hey Tim, do you sell those spots that look like chain link? I know some harness makers use them for brow bands...

We produce the Bow-Tie Chain Spot....it is a beautiful design and I would be happy to send you samples. If you require dies to set....we can help there too!

Hey Tim I'd like to check out the spots if you want to mail it to me that would be awesome

14 north grove st

Swanzey nh 03446

Consider it done! Hope samples meet your expectations.

Thanks,

Tim

Heritage from Weaver. I have their foot press an use it all the time an love it, no problems. If anything is ever wrong with something, Weaver will make it right

Hi Andrew....How are you doing with the Bow-tie chain spots? Thanks. Tim