Palomino

Another Leather Fan From Texas

Hi all! I am a 33 year old writer and horsewoman who is interested in learning more about bridlework. The smell and feel of leather have a special place in my heart since it is the smell of horses and happy memories for me. One of the first things my dad ever bought me when I was 3 or 4 years old was a beautiful hand tooled leather belt with my name across the back that I loved. I found it in storage a while back and it still looks good as new. Anyhow, I have worked at various english tack shops for many years and I have now decided to try my hand at making my own tack. I have been reading this forum for the great tips and I had to sign up so I could see more pics of all of your awesome work. I bought a copy of Stohlman's Art of Hand Sewing Leather on advice from here and I am well on my way to completing my first browband. I am having a lot of fun with this new project and I look forward to continuing to learning a lot more about leatherworking on this forum.

Welcome aboard, there are lots of great folks here with lots of knowledge and most don't mind sharing it. There are quite a few who sadles and tack, I'm more of a musical instrument strap, belts, purses, etc type, never worked in equine gear. It looks interesting though.

Ken

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) I'll post some pics of my projects when they are presentable, but for now I'm trying to figure out how to use an edger and not have it come out looking like I trimmed the edges with a dull butter knife. Somehow I suspect the problem is with me and not the edger LOL

Edited by Palomino

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Central Texas!

Welcome to LW from the Texas Gulf Coast:grouphug5vj5: