RawhideLeather

Tandy Leather Factory

Just thought I would let others know that I have received excellent customer service from Richard Poindexter who is the manager at the West Columbia, SC Tandy Leather Factory. He really does his best to make sure his customers are satisfied which is getting harder and harder to find these days! I was really impressed by him after a problem arose from a recent purchase and I'm not that easily impressed. Real nice guy too! As a consumer, I believe it is my duty to complain if the situation calls for it and give accolades when deserved as well. I would not hesitate to buy from Richard again should I want something from Tandy. :thumbsup:

I ordered some stuff from TLF a couple of weeks ago. It came promptly and included one of the $149 Hair On Hides (Black and White) It was just great. Excellent color and quality and it was a good size hide to boot. I was real pleased.

That hide is not covering out dining room table for Christmas! Or until I figure out what I plan to do with it. LOL!

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

I also would commend to you K.C. Kreger and Barbara at the Oklahoma City store. Both very knowledgeable and helpful to the max!

Kate

The store in Rapid City, SD does good for me. Clay has taken good care of me when I order. I would also reccomend the store in Bloomington, Mn. I don't know who I talked to, but he was very personable. I have shopped there in person several times in the past.

I have always had excellent service at the Chelmsford Mass. Tandy. I've gone in and all my newbie questions are answered. Also since I am along ways from the store I have even called a few times and explained my needs/wants and the employees and manager always take their time to help.

Scott

The west valley Utah store is run by Ross Terry and he is fantastic to work with a very nice guy and he put the custmer first.

Josh

I deal primarily with the Allentown, PA store: Jeff, Talina, and their staff are fantastic. I've also dealt with the Baltimore, MD, store previously. Bill there is a great guy, too.

It's nice to me to see people speaking positively of the stores they've dealt with.

I also would commend to you K.C. Kreger and Barbara at the Oklahoma City store. Both very knowledgeable and helpful to the max!

Kate

I live in the OKC area and have to concur. They are awesome!

I live in South Carolina, but I get just about everything that I get from Tandy from the Charllotte N.C. store. I went up there right after it opened up, and met the then assistant manager, Billy Brown. He made manager pretty quick and we had become friends too, so I stick with him. Always great to do bussiness with, always helpful, friendly, and offering encourageing words. He's close enough that I go every month or so, my wife's orthapedic Dr., is only about 18 mi. from the store, so when she goes for a Dr. appt. we ride on up to Tandy. Anyway Billy Brown is always a pleasure to work with and visit. I will say that I believe if Tandy happens to get one of those "BUTT HOLE" managers and Jim Linnell is informed of it. Jim will check it out, and if the manager is not doing like he should, that he won't be working for Tandy or Jim very long. If someone is driving customers away then Tandy is losing money, and I really believe that the co., wants to stay in business. Just my .02 for today. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all connected to the Leatherworker.net Billy P :banana:

I have to say Jim Augustson in Tempe, Az. is great to deal with. Whenever I need help with my 4-H group he is always there for us. The group of guys that meet there have always helped us out also. All around great people.

Sounds like Tandy benefits from a group of competent and pleasant managers and staff. I'd like to recommend the Richmond, VA store -- Deb and Sharon are great. :thumbsup:

I live in the NW WA area and have to travel about an hour to get to the local tandy either on the seattle side or in tacohma. Both are decent shops with good selection. The managers at both seem to know what they are talking about and are very friendly. I havnt had any issues.

I go only about once a month or so so I can pick out the leather I want.

My only gripe is there seems to be alot of old leather that sits there for a long time, both with the working leather and with the leather lacing and such. However if you can get there toward the beginning of a shipment when they stock up for a sale you can find some pretty good leather. Plus nothing beats being able to look thru and find what you want instead of waiting for the serprise from the web lol.

Ill keep shopping at tandy, maybe not for everything in the future but Ill keep going back.

The Roy Utah store and staff are great. I think tandy did it right, as it seems most, if not all staff have the leather addiction like us, which makes for good sales and pleasant informed conversation. The only downside in my opinion is, they should carry some higher quality stuff like custom tools ( I hear rumors that the craftool stamps may be getting reworked) and sometimes the leather ain't so great.

Even though I live in Wisconsin, I usually give Clay Miller a call at the Rapid City, S.D. store a call. He always gets 2 thumbs up from me for excellent service. Kudos to you, Clay!

Hilly

The same goes out to Tandy Leather in Indy. I am just beginning my leatherworking journey and they were very helpful and above all patient. A real encouragement to a newbie to have so many helpful people out there.

I agree that the guys at Charlotte, SC are great. I've started mail ordering from them; I also like the Raleigh crew.

I've gotten all of my leather and 99% of my tools from the Cleveland store on Pearl near Brook Park Rd. They've been quite helpful for me as a beginner. I plan to buy my first good piece of leather rather than a remnant from them soon.

I like the East Hartford TLF they have always treated me fair, and Bruce stocks a lot of quality leather and ships overseas. granted I am only about 1 and a half miles from the store.