JMP7

Beginner Tooling Tools

Hi all,

I'm interested in tooling my own leather belts such as the attached image (which hopefully uploads.)post-45065-0-21360900-1379473028_thumb.p

Is there a basic tool kit available for purchase containing most of the beginner tools i would need? Or could someone list the essential tools needed for a beginner leather tooler to get his feet wet?

Also is there a good informational book on tooling that i could buy?

Is there a good book of floral patterns i could use to trace designs onto the leather before cutting them out?

Thanks in advance for the help,

JMP

Check out the Tandy Learher Stire they have basic tooling kits this question has been previously answered in this forum so use the search tool on the too of the site it is very useful and you will find all the info you need. Good luck!

Ralph

Welcome to the board!

Check out Tandy Leather Company: http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/home.aspx

and Springfield Leather Company: http://springfieldleather.com/

Both offer beginners kits and plenty of supplies. Tandy is the bigger company and has outlets all over the US. Springfield in general has better prices on most items.

I bought my initial kit off of Amazon, though it was a Tandy kit.

Good Luck,

Bob

Edited by FlHobbyist

it really depends on yur level of investment...the above sources are great...i spend plenty with both...i do believe Hackbarth offers a sherridan starter set...it wont be cheap, but it'll be worth it...i suggest the Stohlman book on belts...tandy always has it...and lots of other great stuff for beginners..prepare yurself...this is not a cheap hobby and its very addictive :)