Sign in to follow this  
David

Seat Finished.

This took several days longer than I expected. But it was worth it. There was a family wedding and we met some new folks and renewed a lot of old friendships. A good time ... definately.

The seat is finally finished and was shipped to its new owner in Iowa.

Let me know what you think.

Dave

post-5652-005044500 1307131125_thumb.jpg

post-5652-035380300 1307131142_thumb.jpg

post-5652-038931700 1307131151_thumb.jpg

Amazing, as always.

Beautiful!

The Papa Clutch really stands out. The scales on the fish and the skin on the creature is awesome....

I have a question maybe you can give me an answer. I am in the process of wet forming a piece of leather. I have had trouble in the past with it stretching way out of shape from carving and stamping then when I'm ready to lay it on my base it is way oversized. I usually try to have it cut close to exact size before wetting. Do you have a trick way of knowing how to figure cutting size? I know you probably don't wet form your seats. I just thought you might know. Thanks

I love the design, the expression on the dragons face looks like he just hit cold water or can't reach to scratch an itch :P

Natalie

Beautiful!

The Papa Clutch really stands out. The scales on the fish and the skin on the creature is awesome....

I have a question maybe you can give me an answer. I am in the process of wet forming a piece of leather. I have had trouble in the past with it stretching way out of shape from carving and stamping then when I'm ready to lay it on my base it is way oversized. I usually try to have it cut close to exact size before wetting. Do you have a trick way of knowing how to figure cutting size? I know you probably don't wet form your seats. I just thought you might know. Thanks

BenLilly, You are correct that I do not wetform my seats. However it is my belief that most leather workers who are going to wet form a piece cut the piece to size after all the tooling and stamping is finished. I hope I'm correct, if not, I'm sure someone here will correct me.