Sign in to follow this  
Jimbob

looking for for 105-64

I am looking for different pressure feet for my Adler 105-64...also differnt roller guides...attachments, any used parts out there...my curent Pressure foot marks soft leather big time...are there different pressure feet out there, what can they do and what are they for??!!

Can u tell I am new to this...HiHi...but I love this old Adler and it sews like a charm!!

Anybody made his own pressure foot??

Looking for all info about this matter...I understand different applications sometimes need different pressure feet or guides ( roller guides??)

Hope there is somebody out there to answer some of my questions...

Thanks for your time and efforts!!!

JimBob

Does your 105 have a walking foot? That is, is the presser foot composed of a two piece assembly with inside and outside feet? Do the feet alternate up and down as the machine sews?

Does your 105 have a walking foot? That is, is the presser foot composed of a two piece assembly with inside and outside feet? Do the feet alternate up and down as the machine sews?

If it is a 105-64 series is should be a single foot with needle feed & drop feed

Is there any chance you could post a picture of the presser foot on this machine? We sell a machine called the Model 5, which if I am not mistaken, will use the same presser feet as the Adler 105-64. Our presser feet will only work on the 105 machines that were NOT walking foot machines. I think Adler had some 105 series machines that had walking feet. Ours will only work with the ones that have single presser foot assemblies.

Is there any chance you could post a picture of the presser foot on this machine? We sell a machine called the Model 5, which if I am not mistaken, will use the same presser feet as the Adler 105-64. Our presser feet will only work on the 105 machines that were NOT walking foot machines. I think Adler had some 105 series machines that had walking feet. Ours will only work with the ones that have single presser foot assemblies.

The Adler 105-64 has compound feed, but no walking foot. The Adler 205-370 has compound feed with walking (Alternating) presser feet.

Steve

The Adler 105-64 has compound feed, but no walking foot. The Adler 205-370 has compound feed with walking (Alternating) presser feet.

Steve:

I am thinking that Adler made a variant in the 105 class that also had alternating presser feet. I know of the Adler 106-64, which had a fixed presser foot with needle feed and feed dog. I also have seen an Adler 105-25 which had a roller foot on it.

I know that Singer made a variant in the 45K class that had alternating presser feet. The Adler 105 is loosely based on the Singer 45K design.

Anybody else out there know if Adler ever made a 105 series machine with alternating presser feet?

Steve:

I am thinking that Adler made a variant in the 105 class that also had alternating presser feet. I know of the Adler 106-64, which had a fixed presser foot with needle feed and feed dog. I also have seen an Adler 105-25 which had a roller foot on it.

I know that Singer made a variant in the 45K class that had alternating presser feet. The Adler 105 is loosely based on the Singer 45K design.

Anybody else out there know if Adler ever made a 105 series machine with alternating presser feet?

I've never seen a 105 Adler with walking foot. The walking foot came later with the 205 series. I have a Alder dealer book from 1984 and at that time they still only offered the fixed foot in the 205 series.

Thats part of the reason for the creation of the Ferdinand Bull. The original Bull used an Adler 205-64 compound feed with a modified jump foot mechanism. Ferdinand later switched to the Consew/Seiko machine for the Bull.

Edited by CampbellRandall

No, the way I understand this the 105-64 is needle feed and does not have two seperate feet bars like I have seen on the 205-64??!!

James

this is a standard 105-64 and the way I see it and I have seen a video from Weaver on the 205 series which has walking foot!!>> mine does not have a walking foot, the needle walks and the singel presserfoot is helping!!?? So parts should fit?? What parts/feet do you have??

James

I am looking for different pressure feet for my Adler 105-64...also differnt roller guides...attachments, any used parts out there...my curent Pressure foot marks soft leather big time...are there different pressure feet out there, what can they do and what are they for??!!

Can u tell I am new to this...HiHi...but I love this old Adler and it sews like a charm!!

Looking for all info about this matter...I understand different applications sometimes need different pressure feet or guides ( roller guides??)

JimBob

Just adding on here....I think I would need a pressure foot to get closer to d-rings and such, or closer to a edge...the weaver video showed these things for the 205...but of course as we know now it is ( the 105) not a walking foot...can I still change foot...??

JimBob

I am adding some pictures...hope this works...

JimBob

JimBob

Hi,

I had a presser foot made up specially for stitching buckles and D rings onto straps by a local engineer who specializes in making parts for industrial sewing machines. It wasn't cheap, but not as much as a genuine Adler presser would have been, had they ever produced one. Here's a photo, sorry I can't get closer, my camera's not very good!

Steve

adler_105_64_detail.jpg

post-7482-1248389329_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveBrambley

hallo, I'm Tony(leather worker)

Sorry for my english, i'm italian.

I need know If Adler 105-25 mo on a , you can extend the point from 4mm to 6mm.

I'm Happy of to talk with you.

thanks

hallo, I'm Tony(leather worker)

Sorry for my english, i'm italian.

I need know If Adler 105-25 mo on a , you can extend the point from 4mm to 6mm.

I'm Happy of to talk with you.

thanks

The Adler 105 MO is made for sewing beaded-seams on shoes (moccasins). When you say "point", do you mean length of the stitch? The model 205-MO has a maximum length of 6 mm. I do not have specifications for the 105 series, but it should be similar.

L'Adler 105 MO è fatto per cucire le mocassini (calzature). Quando lei dice il "point", lei significa la lunghezza del punto? Il modello 205 MO ha una lunghezza massima di 6 millimetro. Non ho di descrizioni per la 105 serie, ma dovrebbe essere simile.

- Saluti!

Daniel Naegle

Hi,

I had a presser foot made up specially for stitching buckles and D rings onto straps by a local engineer who specializes in making parts for industrial sewing machines. It wasn't cheap, but not as much as a genuine Adler presser would have been, had they ever produced one. Here's a photo, sorry I can't get closer, my camera's not very good!

Steve

post-7482-1248389329_thumb.jpg

Hi Steve, was interested about the foot you had made, I have a Adler 105-25 MO and i could do with a foot made for mine ( seem my foot ataches to the other side of the presser bar ) for D's and buckles and wondered if you still had the contact details. I realise this post was a while ago but any help would be greatfully appreciated

TIA Alan