BanjoMan

Pancake Holster For Ruger Lcr

Just finished this pancake holster for a Ruger LCR. Made from 9/10 oz. veg tan, hand dyed with Fiebings dark brown and hand stitched. I had to make the pattern for this holster, so any suggestions for changes or improvements are welcome. Please let me know what you think! Thanks!post-18515-097250400 1331094596_thumb.jppost-18515-053849100 1331094619_thumb.jppost-18515-033402800 1331094690_thumb.jp

Edited by BanjoMan

I say nicely done, I can't even find anything to nit-pic at.

I found in making a pancake for my S&W 442, the most important thing is having the belt pass through the level of the cylinder...maybe just a bit above it, and you'll have nice retention.

You seem to have that covered.

Good job.

Thanks Rayban, I appreciate the compliments! You're right about the retention, it worked out nicely. I was concerned at first because the gun did not fit as snugly as I prefer when the holster was not on a belt. When I wet molded the holster, I did not want to form too much above the cylinder because I did not want the gun to hang up when being drawn. Later I realized that once the holster was actually worn, the belt assisted with retention and the gun fit perfectly. I am about to use the same pattern to make a holster for a S&W 642 J frame. I think everything will fit the same-hope to post pics soon. Thanks again!

I say nicely done, I can't even find anything to nit-pic at.

I found in making a pancake for my S&W 442, the most important thing is having the belt pass through the level of the cylinder...maybe just a bit above it, and you'll have nice retention.

You seem to have that covered.

Good job.

Just finished this pancake holster for a Ruger LCR. Made from 9/10 oz. veg tan, hand dyed with Fiebings dark brown and hand stitched. I had to make the pattern for this holster, so any suggestions for changes or improvements are welcome. Please let me know what you think! Thanks!post-18515-097250400 1331094596_thumb.jppost-18515-053849100 1331094619_thumb.jppost-18515-033402800 1331094690_thumb.jp

FWIW from the old grumpy guy; the main thing that I see is that your stitching seems a bit too far from the shooter. In time I feel that the holster will loosen up and not maintain retention. JMHO Mike