Kate Rixon

Hi, Another New Member From Uk!

Hello, Everyone! :wave:

I couldn't think of a clever name in a hurry so have called myself by my real name! Maybe I will think of something & change it at some point (my name on here that is, not my real name! :rolleyes: )

So glad I found this site whilst looking for information about a Singer machine - I have already had the answer I was looking for!

Having always been artistic I have tried several crafts but I love my latest leather carving habit best of all - such a beautiful medium to work with. I own horses & dogs (and have a very understanding husband!!) so am familiar with many leather items and wish now I had become a saddler, but it was not possible due to the path life had taken me down. I have always been good at drawing horses freehand so am looking towards to carving more portraits of them from memory onto leather. I have made a few small shoulder bags (sold three! Yey!), quite a few belts, some as presents, some for personal use & 7 commissions, 2 cartridge bags, very pleased with them but as yet unsold, and lots of other items, some sold, some not. I guess I am learning as I go along & can't wait to get chatting & learn some more - I have many questions to ask so hope you will all be able to put up with me!

Welcome from the West Middlands!

You will find all the resources you need here, they are such friendly folk. I attempted a horse carving but I have a long way to get as good as some of the pictures Ive seen on here. Already being able to draw them should put you in good stead. Im sure you'll have lots of fun on your journey.

Paul

Hi, Tom!! Thanks for the welcome message! I will put some pics on when I have any good ones to show you - I fear they will not be as good as some others on here! I tend to wait until someone wants an item, to save on leather, but I have an idea or two in mind! ;)

Hi, Paul!!

Not a million miles away from me here then! Thanks for the encouraging message too - I have already had an answer to a query about a Singer 132K6 (I am a novice with industrial sewing machines and have bought this one to stop my fingers screaming "Get a machine!!" at me!!)

I look forward to learning so much on here, but once I start reading I can't stop, always something else catches my eye!!

Speak soon! - Kate

Hello Kate and welcome to the forum!

Hello, King's X, thankyou!

Welcome Aboard! :cheers: Look forward to seeing your work!