CustomDoug

Adler 30-1 Patcher

I have the opportunity to purchase an Adler 30-1 patcher sewing machine for around $350 (head only)... assuming it's in good shape, would that be a good purchase?

Custom Doug,

I would want to see pics of the machine as well as being able to sew some samples which is not always possible. What color is the machine? Black, green or grey. The color is one sign of the age of the machine. Contrary to some of the postings on this board, some parts are no longer available for these early models of the 30 class machine Adler. To answer yoru question, $350.00 may be a good price fo rthe machine once I have seen pics of it. Also, what do you intend to sew with this machine?

shoepatcher

I have the opportunity to purchase an Adler 30-1 patcher sewing machine for around $350 (head only)... assuming it's in good shape, would that be a good purchase?

The machine is green, has a small motor attached, I'd mostly be sewing garment leather, but same stuff as any old singer patcher I guess. Are the Adler's generally worth more than their Singer counterparts or about the same? Remember this one has no table, head only. thanks for your help. I'm affraid the initial pic isn't all that great, but here it is:

adler3011.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello Custom Doug!

This is a old black Adler 30 painted green. From this pic. I can not see any details, but it do not look good! 350 Usd. is a no go!

Trox

The machine is green, has a small motor attached, I'd mostly be sewing garment leather, but same stuff as any old singer patcher I guess. Are the Adler's generally worth more than their Singer counterparts or about the same? Remember this one has no table, head only. thanks for your help. I'm affraid the initial pic isn't all that great, but here it is:

adler3011.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I agree with Trox. This was an early 30 class Adler that was originally black. To me, it does not look that good. I would want to see sewn samples. Plus, this has the old style balance wheel on it. Withowu sewn samples, I would not buy it.

shoepatcher

Hello Custom Doug!

This is a old black Adler 30 painted green. From this pic. I can not see any details, but it do not look good! 350 Usd. is a no go!

Trox

Fotothek_df_pk_0000129_020.jpg

The orig. Look of the Adler 30-1 !!!

Edited by TheGerman

I've seen worse sell for more. Looks can be deceiving. How tight is the machine, is it smooth, does it work as it should? Cosmetics can be cleaned up at home. I wouldn't pass on it if it operates as it should. Hell, it may be worth more as parts if they are not available as mentioned earlier. But I wouldn't part it out unless it was non operable / fixable