8thsinner

Leathercordusa International review

We just had a delivery today from leathercordusa, In order to help other people looking around I am writing a short review here.

Delivery time was four days using UPS standard delivery. This unfortunately included a sur charge of £15 which is a little steep considering what we ordered, But not the companies fault.

The materials ordered were

150mtr 1mm round natural dyed cord

10mtr 1.5mm round natural dyed cord

10mtr 2mm round cord

10 mtr 3mm/1/8" bolo cord

We also asked for a sample of colours and thicknesses etc seperately to the order in an email. THey obviously spent a little time tracking that request and comparing to orders being handled, and sorted us out.

What arrived was everything seperately wrapped with individual silica gel packs

The cord was meant to be soaked in dye uniformly colouring and entirity of the leather, on some of the cords this is clearly not a true description. The dye however does not scrape of with a nail like other suppliers we have tried. We are happy anough with this stuff.

The bolo cord braided from 4 strands is uniform throughout, appears rolled but probably not. It seems a little thicker than 3mm (based on touch...) Just measured it actually, it's about 3.3mm or so. Which is not bad at all.

The sample display was abundent with the colours, leathers and widths etc we asked for and a lot more.

In conclusion our immediate thoughts are entirely positive, the company obviously pays a lot of attention to detail and we will be dealing with them again.

If anyone wants further opinions of the materials after we have worked with them a few days I would be happy to help.

I would not suggest the rawhide though, perhaps I was expecting something different, but the lace I got was PAPER thin and full of unsightly glued splices. I could easily break a lace by pulling and the glued used on the splices made the areas impenetrable to water, and thus, made braiding very difficult. Also, it was goat hide, not cow, though I'm not sure if this matters terribly. :no: