ChimeraKennels

Sewquiet 5000 Motor Reliability?

First, it has been a while since my last visit. Things have been going well and I want to thank those of you that helped me in the past with my Pfaff 145 questions and set up. I have made many K9 leashes, collars, and backties...and also a few holsters for my personal firearms. My old machine though had the original clutch motor on it and the clutch finally wore out. Instead of repairing it, I decided to go with a servo motor for quieter operation and hopefully better speed control.

Upon my research, the sewquiet 5000 seemed to have excellent reviews, but unfortunately, when mine arrived it stopped working after just a few inchest of testing that went very well I might say...but then the fuse popped. I replaced the fuse and it still didn't work. I looked at the machine and I saw some smoke coming out of it, smelled a burning odor, so I immediately unplugged it. I called the complany and they were very professional in their response but I am waiting for a call back this coming week to arrange for a repair.

Anyone else have experience here with this motor. I know there are some professionals here, so I would like your input once again.

BTW, here is some of my work...

HeavyNylonHandleCollar.jpg

HeavyNylonHandleCollarpic4.jpg

HeavyNylonHandleCollarpic5.jpg

HeavyLeashpic2.jpg

I can't help you with motor info, but thanks for posting the pictures. I received a request just this week for a collar with handle, and have been thinking about how to make it. Your pictures are a big help!!

Bill

I have a Sewquiet 5000, and have not had a bit of problem with it in the last 11/2 yrs. It is running a Singer 153w 103 with a 50mm pulley and no speed reducer. I can sew 24-27 oz vegtan stitch by stitch with 90 thread. Gump.

Repair? Are they replacing the motor, or is that what you meant by repair?

I don't know about the motor yet, but the company seems good. They send UPS to my home to pick it up (no charge for me) to get it. They are sending a replacement upon its return. Hopefully the new one will work better.

Got the new motor back and finally installed it. It seems to be working fine. Much easier to control, and with the 50 mm pully it punches through my thickest layers without hesitation.

Even the best products can have a glitch. Sometimes it can be as simple as a capacitor giving up the ghost.