Sign in to follow this  
bruce johnson

National Ranching Heritage Center

One of my favorite shows is All Around Performance Horse on RFD. They seem like real guys and feature stuff I enjoy watching. Tonight's episode included a visit to the National Ranching Heritage Center in Lubbock Texas. Looks like the museum enjoys plenty of space and has some great displays. One of them is the saddle shop display of Tooter Cannon. He has had some mention here in the past. Here's a link to the main website - National Ranching Heritage Center a link to the Tooter Cannon display - Tooter Cannon saddle shop and another to the history of saddles - A Century of Saddles. This place sure looks like a "don't miss if you get close". I'd appreciate it if anyone visits to take some pictures and post them here.

Thanks for posting this Bruce. The Ranching Heritage Center is a great deal. Way back when they first got it going, I participated in some fund raisers they did, and have been there several times. However, it has been a while. We intend to get down that way in the Fall of this year, and I will get some photos. JW

Bruce,

That was very interesting to read. Thanks for posting it.

Daryl

Edited by dbarleather