LJS

Jockey and Exercise Saddle TREES

Hi

New to the site, stumble on it and love it!

Tools have been in and out of storage for 25 years......BUT finally built a shop and they are out to stay.

I used to make jockey saddles and have lost my old suppliers for the trees. ANY chance someone can help me locate a maker??

Thanks for your help.

LJS

Are you after an exercise type tree or more of a half tree. My internet is having a fit this morning so half my sources are unavailable. but for starters I have added a link. You might also try Aulton and Butler or Beebee Trees. I'm not sure if they do racing trees.

http://www.exselle.com/product-list.php?section=Trees

Barra

Are you after an exercise type tree or more of a half tree. My internet is having a fit this morning so half my sources are unavailable. but for starters I have added a link. You might also try Aulton and Butler or Beebee Trees. I'm not sure if they do racing trees.

http://www.exselle.com/product-list.php?section=Trees

Barra

Excellent I checked them out the are in England but its a start!!

ALL info is WELCOME!!

LJS,

I have two or three of the fiber glass half trees for the jockey saddles some where. I will look for them a let you know. As for a place to get them you can call this guy as he makes the saddles and may know where to get them . Garland Seggerman in Albuquerque NM, 505-235-2369

ClayM.

PM Blake on this site. Good chance he knows where trees are available and the quality of each.

LJS,

I have two or three of the fiber glass half trees for the jockey saddles some where. I will look for them a let you know. As for a place to get them you can call this guy as he makes the saddles and may know where to get them . Garland Seggerman in Albuquerque NM, 505-235-2369

ClayM.

Hay Clay

Just looked at your web site, pretty good life if you ask me, I was a jockey for 15 years, thats were the racing comes in.

If you can find the jockey trees I would love to take a look at them and get a price, I really only need a few as I am just going to make a couple for old friends still in the game. I would like to do a few exercise saddles in the Bob Ross style. As I have a couple of his saddles and always admired his workmanship.

You can PM me or let me know, no rush but would be great to have.

Edited by LJS

I looked for the same trees, and seemed like nobody wanted to jump in and get me some information till a guy from the UK that is on this sight spoke up. He put me in touch with these guys and subsequently they set me up with an account. They handle all kinds of trees and specifically Aulton and Butler. I too am working on Bob Ross Style design with some improvements to make them more frendly to do repairs on. I service the guys at Pinnacle Race Course in Romulus Mi. Here is the sight: abbeysaddlery.co.uk

Post some pics when you get going!

Bondo Bob

If somebody talks to Garland Seggerman, try to get him to join! Saddles,boots, he can do it all. He is so fast, he took a picture of me riding a bull. He sold us our first post machine, it belonged to his cousin, Vernon. Vernon was not very happy about that, he said it was the best machine he ever owned. While we used it, it built two pr. chaps a day, 5 days a week.

Kevin

I looked for the same trees, and seemed like nobody wanted to jump in and get me some information till a guy from the UK that is on this sight spoke up. He put me in touch with these guys and subsequently they set me up with an account. They handle all kinds of trees and specifically Aulton and Butler. I too am working on Bob Ross Style design with some improvements to make them more frendly to do repairs on. I service the guys at Pinnacle Race Course in Romulus Mi. Here is the sight: abbeysaddlery.co.uk

Post some pics when you get going!

Bondo Bob

This internet has got to be one of the handiest inventions since the indoor camod!!

I have spent months and months trying to dig up old contacts in " my little book " to find that no one is still around, and in the less than a week this site has given me so much hope as to finally get my shop up and running again.

Thanks again.

Bondo Bob

PS If you have any questions or would like to share any info re: the Bob Ross I will be happy to give you my findings and experience.

I was a jockey for 15 years throughout Canada and the US. I also did alot of repairs and built some race equipment, I still have a pretty good following on the west coast. Don't know if I can help or not but am willing to if I can. Just PM me .

This internet has got to be one of the handiest inventions since the indoor camod!!

I have spent months and months trying to dig up old contacts in " my little book " to find that no one is still around, and in the less than a week this site has given me so much hope as to finally get my shop up and running again.

Thanks again.

Bondo Bob

PS If you have any questions or would like to share any info re: the Bob Ross I will be happy to give you my findings and experience.

I was a jockey for 15 years throughout Canada and the US. I also did alot of repairs and built some race equipment, I still have a pretty good following on the west coast. Don't know if I can help or not but am willing to if I can. Just PM me .

I have Jockey saddle trees and can get them. I build jockey saddles. Learned from Garland. I wholesale saddles across the country. Are you looking for Poly, Aluminium or fiber glass? Fiberglass are hard to find so might want to build your own. Poly and Aluminium are easy to get. My saddle pictures are on my Face Book page under Second Creek Saddlery.

If somebody talks to Garland Seggerman, try to get him to join! Saddles,boots, he can do it all. He is so fast, he took a picture of me riding a bull. He sold us our first post machine, it belonged to his cousin, Vernon. Vernon was not very happy about that, he said it was the best machine he ever owned. While we used it, it built two pr. chaps a day, 5 days a week.

Kevin

I have known Garland for twenty years ,just got off the phone with him and he said go ahead and put his phone number up here . So guys for saddle trees and jockey saddles whips and stuff here is his number 505-235-2369 . i was out to see him and his buddy Bruce another old timer both of them guys are close to 75 years old now . Together they know about leather than 3 of the best books . Garland is never going to get on a computer he spends all his time flirting with the girls at the bus stop . After that its saddles and whips and a cloud of glue in his little shop . Great guy ,good friend ,listen close and you'll understand what he says . His work is fantastic and his word is good . Bill