tattoosbyjay

tattooed leather

here is a tattooi did on leather i wanted to see how it would turn out, i tattoo full time and it is way easier to tattoo people than leather

That actually looks pretty good. Looks like there are alot of possibilities there.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh and did you do a finish on it as well. Wondering how it will look once oiled and finished. I think you could get a really cool old school look to it.

That actually looks pretty good. Looks like there are alot of possibilities there.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh and did you do a finish on it as well. Wondering how it will look once oiled and finished. I think you could get a really cool old school look to it.

no finish just plain old leather first one i ever did here is a pic of a tattoo i did on a person

You do some very nice work. Good job.Where you located? Should update your profile.

Edited by MADMAX22

You do some very nice work. Good job.Where you located? Should update your profile.

thanks i appriciate that im located in new jersey im still working on doing my profile

Nice work Jay i'm always impressed with those who have artistic abilities i can draw a little but when it comes to coloring it im totally incompetant. Based on whats on the show off area now im a little old fashioned i like the tats and dyes not to sure about the printing, i think i would rather see a tatoo or airbrush paint myself but thats just a personal preferance

Nice work Jay i'm always impressed with those who have artistic abilities i can draw a little but when it comes to coloring it im totally incompetant. Based on whats on the show off area now im a little old fashioned i like the tats and dyes not to sure about the printing, i think i would rather see a tatoo or airbrush paint myself but thats just a personal preferance

thanks i agree , i wanted to see if leather could be tattooed, i will be doing more in the future right now im working a a case for a pool cue ill post some pics a little later

thanks i agree , i wanted to see if leather could be tattooed, i will be doing more in the future right now im working a a case for a pool cue ill post some pics a little later

Thats great Jay i build cue cases mostly one offs to this point but have a production line comming out in about 2 months i look forward to seeing it. I plan on getting around to posting a few of mine soon but have been really busy trying to get all things necesarry for the production runs ready.

Thats great Jay i build cue cases mostly one offs to this point but have a production line comming out in about 2 months i look forward to seeing it. I plan on getting around to posting a few of mine soon but have been really busy trying to get all things necesarry for the production runs ready.

cool im making envelope style cases now all custom artwork by me ill have about 50 hrs into this case a ton ofcarving

cool im making envelope style cases now all custom artwork by me ill have about 50 hrs into this case a ton ofcarving

Hey Jay,

Welcome to the forum - good to see you over here. I am sure your carved case is going to be out of this world.

Nice work on the tat. Gonna try it now.

Edited by JohnBarton

Hey Jay,

Welcome to the forum - good to see you over here. I am sure your carved case is going to be out of this world.

Nice work on the tat. Gonna try it now.

thanks i appriciate the compliment , tattooing leather is a real pain in the a## but i think i found good potential in it, ive had a few lather workers ask me to tattoo leather for them so i did a piece i could show them im gonna do some more, i paint as well so i have some cool plans for cases ill post up picks of the case soon its my first carving so i hope you guys like it

thanks i appriciate the compliment , tattooing leather is a real pain in the a## but i think i found good potential in it, ive had a few lather workers ask me to tattoo leather for them so i did a piece i could show them im gonna do some more, i paint as well so i have some cool plans for cases ill post up picks of the case soon its my first carving so i hope you guys like it

That's really cool - my best tooler Zhen Hai is also a tattoo artist and I asked him if he ever did tats on leather and he said it didn't work. Now I am going to show him that SOMEONE made it work and see what he says now. :-)

That's really cool - my best tooler Zhen Hai is also a tattoo artist and I asked him if he ever did tats on leather and he said it didn't work. Now I am going to show him that SOMEONE made it work and see what he says now. :-)

lol, cool letme know what he thinks ofmy koi fish

i tattoo full time and it is way easier to tattoo people than leather

Hmmm I would think leather would be esier- no customer has to be present, you don't have to care if you're making it hurt, and if you don't like it, you can throw it in the scrap box! LOL

That sounds like a good idea, too- personalized leather items to match your tatts or vice versa. Looks sharp- I hope to see more of your work. You should do well. Thanks for sharing!

Johanna

Where in Jersey are you, Jay? I'm right across the river from Trenton. Nice work, by the way!

Tim

Hmmm I would think leather would be esier- no customer has to be present, you don't have to care if you're making it hurt, and if you don't like it, you can throw it in the scrap box! LOL

That sounds like a good idea, too- personalized leather items to match your tatts or vice versa. Looks sharp- I hope to see more of your work. You should do well. Thanks for sharing!

Johanna

lol ,skin is way easier to work on, but leather doesnt moove on ya lol, and thanks i appreciate the compliment and encouragement

Where in Jersey are you, Jay? I'm right across the river from Trenton. Nice work, by the way!

Tim

thanks im by deptford mall pretty close to you,

That is way cool. The bird tattoo is excellent too.

Edited by ETW Grumpy

That is way cool. The bird tattoo is excellent too.

thank you very much

That is excellent Jay I love Japanese style tattoos, I see you popped into the other thread where I was asking if anyone had tattooed leather I knew I would finally come across someone who has. I prefer hand created art as well compared to printing.

Welcome to the forum

Cheers,

Clair

That is excellent Jay I love Japanese style tattoos, I see you popped into the other thread where I was asking if anyone had tattooed leather I knew I would finally come across someone who has. I prefer hand created art as well compared to printing.

Welcome to the forum

Cheers,

Clair

thanks traditional japanese style art is what i specialize in most ofmy tattoo client base come to me just for that style, now im going tostart to incorperate my artwork inleather carving , im currently working on a dragon all free hand work itsa ton of work but i think it will look really nice

i know this is an old topic but could you tell my what type of leather you are using, how its treated, and how you keep the ink from staining the leather. I am having a difficult time with this.

wondering if you used anything in the process to rub away the un-wanted ink, like a petroleum jelly or A&D ointment? trying to tattoo leather but its getting pretty dirty with rubbed away ink... pointers would be huge!???? tHanks

Jules