Help! Need To Find Boot Making Supply For Seam Covering

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 equiss

equiss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Saddle making, accessories, leather working, crafts, metal art, headstalls, chaps, chinks, everything leather
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Saddlery and accessories
  • Interested in learning about:Saddle making
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:google

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi All, I am not making boots, but do use them for crafts. I have been looking for (with no success) the material that some of the boot companies use to cover the inside seems in the boot. Some look to be about 1/2 wide cotton thin material? I have no idea where to find this stuff - I have noticed in the boots I have been working on that some of it is sometimes yellow, othertimes white. I don't know how it is attached to cover the seam, it isn't sewn - so i imagine glued? Anyone please tell me where to order this stuff -
C. Stovin

#2 albane

albane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:custom tailor
  • Interested in learning about:anything

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

http://www.saderma.net/
Al Bane<br />Al Bane For Leather<br />818 209 7945 <br />www.myspace.com/albaneforleather<br />www.facebook.com/albaneforleather<br />www.albaneforleather.etsy.com

#3 equiss

equiss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Saddle making, accessories, leather working, crafts, metal art, headstalls, chaps, chinks, everything leather
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Saddlery and accessories
  • Interested in learning about:Saddle making

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

Can you tell me what they call that stuff, since their website is under construction and I would like to at least sound like I know what I am asking for?
thanks for the tip!
C. Stovin

#4 kungming

kungming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:57 AM

Can you tell me what they call that stuff, since their website is under construction and I would like to at least sound like I know what I am asking for?
thanks for the tip!

Hello! What kind of boots would you like to find?

Please tell me maybe I could find it for you from the hardware accessories markets around us.

I am a manufacturer on hardware and leather acceossories in Guangdong China,and we are familiar of this field.

my email is kevin_yang5@hotmail.com :)
--------------------------------------------
Manufacturing of hardware and leather decorations and accessories from Guangdong,China
www.kungming888.com