#1 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Late renaissance, historical reenactment
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:From a friend

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

Well, there as another thread showing off a cell phone case. It was also asked if the maker could post his pattern. He used a copy protected pattern and didn't feel comfortable with it, so I thought I would post mine!

Here's what the finished product looks like:

Posted Image

You can get the latched at Tandy or from Hardware Elf. And here's the pattern that I use:

Posted Image

I use a stitching groover to cut a groove along the edge, and then I use an overstitch wheel to set the gaps, an awl to punch the holes, and then I saddle stitch the whole thing together.

Hope you folks find this useful!

Edited by Nighthawk, 14 January 2011 - 11:24 PM.

"I intend to grow old disgracefully"-- Steve Harris (Bass player for Iron Maiden- I am not Steve!!)

“Bowing to peer pressure is normally the weakest way to deal with an issue.” - McElt (I am not McElt either.)

#2 Menolly

Menolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:animals, movies, family, friends, leather working, craft fairs, online games
  • Leatherwork Specialty:I don't really have one yet. My favorite subjects are science fiction, Celtic knotwork, and steampunk though.
  • Interested in learning about:Everything

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Well, there as another thread showing off a cell phone case. It was also asked if the maker could post his pattern. He used a copy protected pattern and didn't feel comfortable with it, so I thought I would post mine!

Here's what the finished product looks like:

Posted Image

You can get the latched at Tandy or from Hardware Elf. And here's the pattern that I use:

Posted Image

I use a stitching groover to cut a groove along the edge, and then I use an overstitch wheel to set the gaps, an awl to punch the holes, and then I saddle stitch the whole thing together.

Hope you folks find this useful!

Awesome! Thank you so much! Ellen

#3 treadhead1952

treadhead1952

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Leather working, Model Making, Fishing, Kayaking, Camping, Shooting.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Holsters, Belts, Cases
  • Interested in learning about:Everything to do with Leather
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Searched on my browser

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

Nice looking Cell Phone Case there Nighthawk and thanks for putting one up that isn't a copyrighted work so no one gets in trouble with it.:You_Rock_Emoticon:
Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV