Vikefan

Fish Scale Stamp Tools

Does anyone know of a tool maker who makes a Fish Scale stamp - I'd like to see a picture if you have one (example).

Vikefan

I have never seen one specifically for fish scales,but you can do a reasonable job using "mulesfoot" stamps.They make several shapes some tapered and some more round.I have one made up for snakeskin scales that my mentor made me that is similar, or you could make your own.Dave

snakeskinstamp.jpg

this is how it looks

FauxPhil1.jpg

Use small tubing, and cut the tip in half. This will give you a variety of sizes for round scales. Once cut they could be collapsed some to make oval ones.

camo stamps can be used for scales and dorsal fins with the larger camo stamps

as mentioned mules foot stamps work for fish scales but are much better used as reptile/snake and dragon scales.

I use a Mulesfoot like DC, but I have also used a Veiner to make scales.

Never seen fish scale stamps but do use pyrography pens from Colwood and others, designed as different size fish scales. I believe that Gregdorrance.com has a good selection of these tools on his web.

God Bess.

Ray

Never seen one as fish scale but...Bob Beard makes a dragon scale tool in around 5-6 different sizes, should be the "same difference"? I've seen them been demonstrated live on a leather show and IF I remeber correct they're made to lift up the end.