Sign in to follow this  
BenB

Paul Burnett - Painting Leather

Hello everyone - I'm a little new here, but I come with some history. I'm Ben, and I've been lurking around these forums for a few months while helping Paul and Karen Burnett with their business. I'm not much of an artist, but I've learned a lot about leather working recently and hope to tap into some of the knowledge here as my repertoire expands. Anyway, you'll get to know me soon in other forums. I'll be sure to put up a proper introduction.

The point of this post is to let everyone know that Paul has contributed quite a bit of free and paid material to this website and elsewhere on the web, but unfortunately his ability to create and distribute new material is fading away. His latest, and perhaps last, video is available in DVD form on his website at www.paintingcow.com. This instructional material is a follow-up to his previous DVD, "Carving the Rocky Mountain Big Horn Ram". In this new video, Paul demonstrates his philosophies and techniques for painting a carved leather surface. Using the majestic Rocky Mountain Big Horn Ram for this virtual class, Paul shows you -- stroke by stroke -- how to bring a leather painting to life.

Check out Painting the Rocky Mountain Big Horn Ram at Paul's website, and while you're there - make sure to sign up for the free lessons.

post-27621-021546500 1325109932_thumb.jp

Wow....that is some news.....Well, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the new video.

Wow....that is some news.....Well, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the new video.

Thanks for the welcome. Paul and Karen are still forging ahead and creating new work. We're glad to have produced the two videos - they certainly helped me learn a lot - but producing the full-length videos is becoming a little difficult. There could still be some more in the works, but at a smaller scale.