#1 SimonJester753

SimonJester753

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interested in learning about:sewing, braiding
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:google

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Here's a picture of what they call a "saddle stand", which looks like a stitching pony. It's missing a few pieces.

How much is it worth? I'm figuring I have the skills and the plans to build one from scratch, but this is most of the way done. It just needs some hardware and a strap.Attached File  photo.JPG   121.15KB   221 downloads

Edited by SimonJester753, 23 February 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Leatherworker

• Contributing Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:saddles and tack
  • Interested in learning about:all kind of leatherwork

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:57 AM

Here's a picture of what they call a "saddle stand", which looks like a stitching pony. It's missing a few pieces.

How much is it worth? I'm figuring I have the skills and the plans to build one from scratch, but this is most of the way done. It just needs some hardware and a strap.Attached File  photo.JPG   121.15KB   221 downloads

The pic is upside down, could you please repost it. It looks to be a stitching horse.
/ Knut

Edited by oldtimer, 23 February 2012 - 03:58 AM.

"The gun fight at the O.K. corral was actually started by two saddlemakers sitting around a bottle of whiskey talking about saddle fitting"...

#3 busted

busted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:tack, belts, saddlebags, western holsters and belts
  • Interested in learning about:most anything
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:a friend

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

That is a nice looking stitching pony.

Attached Files

#4 SimonJester753

SimonJester753

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

The pic is upside down, could you please repost it. It looks to be a stitching horse.
/ Knut

It's odd. When I open it in Photoshop or view it in an email it's right side up.

#5 bruce johnson

bruce johnson

Saddlery & Tack Moderator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hard to put an exact number on it. It looks to be an older style harness stitching horse in pretty good condition. Factors on price would be how much it rocks or is it solid? It looks like it is only missing the foot bar and the plate to hook the comb. Any other condition issues? As a range I have paid from $75 up to $200 for comnplete stitching horses in good condition in antique stores. I bought a saddler's stitching horse with some history for $300.
Bruce Johnson
Malachi 4:2
"the windshield's bigger than the mirror, somewhere west of Laramie" - Dave Stamey
Leather Work and Leather Tools - www.brucejohnsonleather.com

#6 SimonJester753

SimonJester753

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hard to put an exact number on it. It looks to be an older style harness stitching horse in pretty good condition. Factors on price would be how much it rocks or is it solid? It looks like it is only missing the foot bar and the plate to hook the comb. Any other condition issues? As a range I have paid from $75 up to $200 for comnplete stitching horses in good condition in antique stores. I bought a saddler's stitching horse with some history for $300.

I think they were asking $130.

I'll check it out and see if it's sturdy or wobbly.

#7 DoubleC

DoubleC

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:I just noticed this was running 1/2 down the page so deleted it all. I'll shorten it to I like a lot of things, especially creating things from curtains to conchos and beyond :-)
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Finding out I know very little about anything
  • Interested in learning about:improving my tooling, carving, designing
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Actually my partner did somehow

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

I think they were asking $130.

I'll check it out and see if it's sturdy or wobbly.

Simon, if I had the money I'd grab it in a New York minute. Something that lasts in good shape 50-75 or more years will out last you plus the woods so mellow from being sat on. Cheryl
Please buy American (No Insult intended to all our friends here from all over the world. Support your economy too if you can.)

http://www.cowgirlcouture.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DoubleCCowgirl

#8 SimonJester753

SimonJester753

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Simon, if I had the money I'd grab it in a New York minute. Something that lasts in good shape 50-75 or more years will out last you plus the woods so mellow from being sat on. Cheryl

I walked past the store today. It was no longer in the window, but it may still be in the store. I was holding off till I payed off a credit card before buying more "toys."

#9 DoubleC

DoubleC

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:I just noticed this was running 1/2 down the page so deleted it all. I'll shorten it to I like a lot of things, especially creating things from curtains to conchos and beyond :-)
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Finding out I know very little about anything
  • Interested in learning about:improving my tooling, carving, designing
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Actually my partner did somehow

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

I walked past the store today. It was no longer in the window, but it may still be in the store. I was holding off till I payed off a credit card before buying more "toys."

Now that's always the dilemma isn't it. Strike while the iron's hot, or a penny saved, etc. I hope it's still there if you really want it Simon. Cheryl
Please buy American (No Insult intended to all our friends here from all over the world. Support your economy too if you can.)

http://www.cowgirlcouture.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DoubleCCowgirl