Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey46

Rip Paul Burnett

Jeffrey - thank you for spreading the word and for the sentiments. Just wanted to confirm that Paul did pass away Friday evening 2/24/2012. I'll be updating his website in the next few days to post some final words that Paul wanted to share with the leather community.

If anyone has parting thoughts, words of appreciation, or some good stories to share, please post them here.

It pains me to post this, but here are Paul's last words for the leather world:

I thank everybody I’ve met through these many years for their loyalty. It has been an honor to have met, taught and shared this craft with so many wonderful and creative people. My darling Sue is going to continue on with the feather line and keep the web site going. I hope my knowledge will have ongoing benefit to those who desire to learn our wonderful art and craft.

More from his wife, Karen, is at his website www.paintingcow.com.

Going to work this morning I was thinking about an eagle head that he made and now I open my email box and read the email....

I'm really really sorry...

Paul's lessons have been a huge influence on us this past year. It's a sad day for the community and for his family. He will live on forever though through the lessons he leaves behind for generations of leather workers to come.

Godspeed Paul. Paint the sky!

I was really sorry to hear about this. My condolences to his family and his friends.

I am very sorry to hear he is gone. I learned so much from his generous lessons and am still learning! My condolences to his family. He will be very missed.

RIP Paul Burnett and thank you

Toolingaround

Prayers are being sent from our family to Paul's - I was very fortunate to have him share his knowledge with me.

Edited by CowboyDon