#1 DanTheMan

DanTheMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Knife sheaths, holsters, outdoor items
  • Interested in learning about:Stamping and original work

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone know where I could buy a swivel for a dog collar like in the pic below?

Posted Image

#2 JET4

JET4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Dog and Hunting Gear

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hey Dan,

I asked the same question a few months ago after a customer requested a tracking collar. Thanks to some help from folks here, I found out that those swivels are made be Sprenger in Germany. I contacted Sprenger directly and was directed to the US distributor. He did not stock them, but was willing to order them for me. The minimum order was a box of 50 at 9-11 dollars a piece. Here is a link to that thread. The distributor info is in the last post on there.

My link

#3 DanTheMan

DanTheMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hey Dan,

I asked the same question a few months ago after a customer requested a tracking collar. Thanks to some help from folks here, I found out that those swivels are made be Sprenger in Germany. I contacted Sprenger directly and was directed to the US distributor. He did not stock them, but was willing to order them for me. The minimum order was a box of 50 at 9-11 dollars a piece. Here is a link to that thread. The distributor info is in the last post on there.

My link

Thanks for the info! I guess I will have to pass on this project since I'd have to order 50. Did you end up making the collar?

Edited by DanTheMan, 03 March 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#4 JET4

JET4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Dog and Hunting Gear

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

I did end up making the collar for the guy. He really wanted a swivel on the collar even though there was one on the lead I made him. Not really knowing what to do I started looking for alternatives. Here is a pic of what I came up with. It was less than ideal, but the customer was happy so I guess it worked out.

Posted Image

#5 DanTheMan

DanTheMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

That looks really nice. What weight leather did you use? I am going to attempt something similar. I may use a D-ring where the swivel is used and move the swivel to the lead. I'd love to see more pics of the collar if you have them.