2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Chee

Andrew Chee

Leatherworker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hi, I have some W&C harness leather and I really like the feel of the stuff. The only thing is that the stuff is really really easy to scratch and dents easy. I run an edger on it and the edger feet leaves light crease lines in the leather. Do you guys have any ideas on how to remove light scratches and impressions from e leather? Thanks.

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Chee, 14 March 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#2 Scary Leatherworks

Scary Leatherworks

• Contributing Member
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interested in learning about:mc seat construction, binders, books briefcase/bags
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:internet

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hi, I have some W&C harness leather and I really like the feel of the stuff. The only thing is that the stuff is really really easy to scratch and dents easy. I run an edger on it and the edger feet leaves light crease lines in the leather. Do you guys have any ideas on how to remove light scratches and impressions from e leather? Thanks.

Andrew

I had an excellent piece of Show Harness from them. Yup, it scratches easily. I found that if I rubbed my hand over the light scratches they would come out. I even got a fairly significant one out that way, it just took more time.

#3 Sylvia

Sylvia

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Google

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

I sometimes use a piece of scrap leather... moistened. Smooth side to smooth side and burnish marks away with that. Seems to work pretty well especially on those centerline marks for belt holes.
A teacher pointed at me with a ruler and said "At the end of this ruler is an idiot." I got detention when I asked "Which end?"