• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#46 PL01

PL01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Mainly Knife Related
  • Interested in learning about:Anything n Everything, you can never know enough.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

:16: :cheers:

#47 Sylvia

Sylvia

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Google

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

if my thumb ever heals I'll post something too
A teacher pointed at me with a ruler and said "At the end of this ruler is an idiot." I got detention when I asked "Which end?"

#48 Cyberthrasher

Cyberthrasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:Shovelhead choppers and Blues Guitar
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Tooling, Guitar Straps, Wallets, Motorcycle accessories, etc...
  • Interested in learning about:Victorian and Figure carving, some more advanced coloring.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'm trying to get some other stuff cleared up right now while I'm contemplating my design. I'll have something up by the end of the month though.

#49 chancey77

chancey77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:All things leather, motorcycle,music,tattoos,whiskey and general hell raising!
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Leather Wrapped Guitars,Pictorial,old school tattoo/sailor, purses motorcycle seats/bags ,wallets, belts and whatever else.
  • Interested in learning about:Techniques, Lace patterns, Patience
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:searching for techniques

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

OK half the month is over and us REGULARS HAVE TO GET CRANKING!!!!! We had a lot of new people show us all up already....
I know everyone has an excuse! But Lets Get ROCKIN'!!

#50 Cyberthrasher

Cyberthrasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:Shovelhead choppers and Blues Guitar
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Tooling, Guitar Straps, Wallets, Motorcycle accessories, etc...
  • Interested in learning about:Victorian and Figure carving, some more advanced coloring.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Just like my entire college career - everything done moments before it's due :rofl:

#51 Sylvia

Sylvia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Nah... not going to participate this time. I have too much to do and too little time and energy to get it done and I've been feeling like crap. So I'll pass on this one..... anyone thinking about the next one yet?
A teacher pointed at me with a ruler and said "At the end of this ruler is an idiot." I got detention when I asked "Which end?"

#52 chancey77

chancey77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:All things leather, motorcycle,music,tattoos,whiskey and general hell raising!
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Leather Wrapped Guitars,Pictorial,old school tattoo/sailor, purses motorcycle seats/bags ,wallets, belts and whatever else.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Nah... not going to participate this time. I have too much to do and too little time and energy to get it done and I've been feeling like crap. So I'll pass on this one..... anyone thinking about the next one yet?

????? You're the one we made the flowers for and the / standard tool set for.....tisk tisk;(..... OH WELL:
It is good you busy!
Just not on the challenge:)

#53 WinterBear

WinterBear

Leatherworker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Nothing...yet.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Here is mine. Little Tom Thumb kit, very very thin leather, I'm surprised I was able to get any tooling on it at all. Tiki is a quick scribble I made. And yes, i finished it--I have no pictures of it naked--I needed it to use immediately to cart around a spare set of batteries and a flash drive. I used the EcoFlo Highlighter and a caruaba cream. Reverse side is a "quilted" pattern with the seeder swivel knife cuts, but since I also used a camo tool, I'm not posting that side. Lace is goat.

Tools:
swivel knife
seeder
backgrounder
pear shader

Attached Files

I used to be an Eagle, a good ol' Eagle too...

#54 DoubleC

DoubleC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts
  • Interests:I just noticed this was running 1/2 down the page so deleted it all. I'll shorten it to I like a lot of things, especially creating things from curtains to conchos and beyond :-)
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Finding out I know very little about anything
  • Interested in learning about:improving my tooling, carving, designing
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Actually my partner did somehow

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Look at you go Cubby. You made a project and running out the door using it while I'm still trying to decide between cocoa and silver (they're so close in tone it's a hard decision, LOL). I guess I could try a TIKI on my Tom Thumb, but they are kinda monstrous looking little thingys. I could give it to someone for a gift I guess. I don't know how you did that great a job tooling that that thin leather, but it looks really cool.

Please buy American (No Insult intended to all our friends here from all over the world. Support your economy too if you can.)

http://www.doubleccustomleather.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DoubleCCowgirl

#55 Sylvia

Sylvia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

????? You're the one we made the flowers for and the / standard tool set for.....tisk tisk;(..... OH WELL:
It is good you busy!
Just not on the challenge:)

LOL well truth be told... it hurt my feeling that I was out voted on the number of tools. But I did try but my tiki turned out looking like a demented China-man doll :oops:

Attached Files

#56 chancey77

chancey77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

LOL well truth be told... it hurt my feeling that I was out voted on the number of tools. But I did try but my tiki turned out looking like a demented China-man doll :oops:

Well, usually it is a dictatorship on what is going down, but we did put this one to a vote:)
Even if you tiki looks like a China doll...it is still very primitive and kind of the way it should be for a first tiki and I think at least you tried and where not afraid to show it anyhow!
So kudos to you for that!!!!Posted Image

Here is mine.

Awesome Job Winter Bear!!!!!!!!!
I have been to busy to start mine, but I do know what I want to do...I just have a few more days myself:)

#57 PL01

PL01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interested in learning about:Anything n Everything, you can never know enough.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

Here is mine. Little Tom Thumb kit, very very thin leather, I'm surprised I was able to get any tooling on it at all. Tiki is a quick scribble I made. And yes, i finished it--I have no pictures of it naked--I needed it to use immediately to cart around a spare set of batteries and a flash drive. I used the EcoFlo Highlighter and a caruaba cream. Reverse side is a "quilted" pattern with the seeder swivel knife cuts, but since I also used a camo tool, I'm not posting that side. Lace is goat.

Tools:
swivel knife
seeder
backgrounder
pear shader

That is a handy thing to cart about, even looks good too Posted Image

Get some colour on it and call it done, be a shame to waste it, nothing wrong with a demented tiki, just don't paint it yellow Posted Image

#58 Sylvia

Sylvia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Get some colour on it and call it done, be a shame to waste it, nothing wrong with a demented tiki, just don't paint it yellow Posted Image

LOL. Don't have yellow paint anyway. I might try it again before the time is up. We'll see.

#59 WinterBear

WinterBear

Leatherworker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Nothing...yet.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks Cheryl, chancey, and PL01.
I used to be an Eagle, a good ol' Eagle too...

#60 PL01

PL01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

LOL. Don't have yellow paint anyway. I might try it again before the time is up. We'll see.

Go on, get one done, you know ya want to. Plenty of time left, less typing and more tapping is all ya need to do.
Knock one out in no time, one evening. Think how good you'll feel when you've done it. You've got a piece of
leather there just screaming to have a tiki cut into it. That's all it's want to do, be something nice. Your not
really going to stop it's dream are you? Course not. Your'd not be that mean to it.

Feeling guilty yet or do I need to carry on Posted Image