Geronimo

Armguard With Snakeskin Inlay

Hello,

I have made this armguard for a friend of mine. It was very interesting for me, because he wants his armguard with an Inlay....made of snakeskin. Later on, he wanted a belt in a similar style, also with these inlays. Okay, I have tried my very best. I hope, you will like it.

with best regards from germany

Danny

post-27274-0-98810300-1368745366_thumb.j

post-27274-0-36379100-1368745487_thumb.j

post-27274-0-34992300-1368745561_thumb.j

post-27274-0-35175700-1368745601_thumb.j

Hello Danny,

I think you did a great job! I like the rattle hanging down. Nice touch. All pieces look fantastic! Real nice leather work!

Is snake skin an import item or is it readily available in Germany?

Best regards from the other side of the world, Northwest USA,

Bill

Very well done, I hope that rattler stays connected, they're pretty flimsy.

Looks GREAT! Good call going with the natural pattern rather than a uniform colour...really goes nicely with the brown. What exactly is an arm guard for??

Hello again,

thank you all for the comments. It is very hard to get snakeskin in gemany, because it is an item you can only buy in other countries. Generally goods for leatherworking are a problem, because this kind of a hobby activity is not very popular here.

The Armguard is for a bowyer- it should protect the lower arm against the bowstring.

with best regards

Danny

...here are some more Armguards

post-27274-0-51992700-1368783569_thumb.j

post-27274-0-60614600-1368783622_thumb.j

post-27274-0-76598300-1368783685_thumb.j

Hi Geronimo

Sehr coole Sachsen, die du machst. Bist du reenactor oder wie kommst du zu unserem Hobby?

Ganz liebe Grüße von einem Nordlicht, dass es ins Ruhrgebiet verschlagen hat :)

Jonathan

Sorry to the english speaking People for writing German but its so much easier for me ;)

Hallo Jonathan,

ich bin begeisterter Bogenschütze und suchte nach schönen Köchern- ohne Erfolg! Also fing ich selber an, mir mein Zubehör aus Leder zu bauen. Daraus wurden dann immer weitere Arbeiten...auch für Western-Reiter, Bogenschützen, Survival Spezialisten etc. Ich habe da einfach einen riesen Spaß und probiere gerne aus! So bin ich auch zu diesem sehr hilfreichen Forum gekommen. So, bevor man uns hier als komplett unhöflich empfindet...back to english- so gut es geht :-))).

Viele Grüße

Danny

LOVE the armguards! I'm an avid archer as well. I hunt rattlers for their meat, skin, and rattles. You've given me some good ideas. Since you mentioned you're looking for nice quivers you might want to check out Seven Meadows Archery if you haven't.

How did you set the hooks lacing hooks on the armguard? did you use a press or were you able to use a hand-setter of some kind?

Hello,

thanks a lot for the Tip to have a look at Seven Meadows Archery...was very interesting for me. I tried all styles of Quivers and build most of them by my self. My favourite is an "Holster Quiver", which is very good in handling, because the arrows could be carry in a very safe way.

Yes, I have used a press for the lacing hooks. Without a press, I think it is not possible to set these rivets accurate! I have tried it, but wasn`t good...no, was impossible!!!

Here is my last Holster-Quiver...thanks for looking! It was also for a friend of mine. I have tried to make the carving inverted for the first time. Was not easy but it was fun!

With best regards from germany

Danny

post-27274-0-87737800-1368866456_thumb.j

post-27274-0-79440300-1368866516_thumb.j

post-27274-0-52317000-1368866556_thumb.j

Very nice work that you do!

Archery is what got me started on my leatherwork journey. I make my own bows and love to make my own accessories as well. Do you have a website or anything to showcase your work? I'd love to see more.

Hello Cameroo,

thank you! But I am sorry, because I dont have a website or anything else...it is just a hobby. If you want, I will send some pictures of my Quivers at your e-mail adress?

My way was the same like yours. I looked out for a nice sheath for an old Buck Frontiersman, but was not very successfull. So I began to do it by myself. Suddenly, I was producing sheaths, holsters, armguards, belts...leatherworking just makes me happy and relaxed.

with best regards

Danny

post-27274-0-65438400-1368961607_thumb.j

post-27274-0-04813200-1368961676_thumb.j

Ok so your best is pretty fantastic! Great designs and excellent workmanship. Thanks for sharing this. Solid inspiration.

Hallo Geronimo Deine Arbeit gefällt mir sehr-vieleicht können wir uns mal über E-Mail austauschen-bin begeistert diesesForum gefunden zu haben-viele Grüße Oreste

Hello Geronimo i really like your work,maybe we can exchange views on e-mail - m thrilled to have found this forum,many greedings oreste (translate with google)

Hello,

thanks at all for the compliments! This Forum is really fantastic.

Hallo Oreste, sehr gerne- ich schreibe dir eine Nachricht mit meiner E-mail Adresse!

With best regards from germany

Danny