Sign in to follow this  
candyleather

Where can I get Stamping Tools

Anyone could tell me where I can buy used stamping tools, the leather stamps, in good use with a reasonable cost? Craftool, Midas, Baron tools, Ivan, Kelly tools.

eBay or estate sale auctions, however you will end up with a lot of tools of questionable quality or that you will seldom use. Better to call Bob Beard or Barry King and get a basic set, then add craftools as needed. If you end-up using a particular craftool a lot, get a King or Beard tool to replace it. I an a border stamper by desire (just don't like to "carve") and have about 50 or 60 craftools of various vintage that I almost never use and would not miss, but have about 10 Beard, 8 or 10 King tools and several recent Tandy craftools that I use all the time. I have Beard, King, and Main modlers that can do anything the other tools can't. I kind of draw the line where I spend more time looking for a tool than using it.

Art

Anyone could tell me where I can buy used stamping tools, the leather stamps, in good use with a reasonable cost? Craftool, Midas, Baron tools, Ivan, Kelly tools.

Right now (24MAY07) there is an ebay sale I learned about on a leather list of which I am a member. The sale mainly consists of Craftools and other stamping tools. Here's a link to it:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcathesQQhtZ-1

L'Bum