mato

How Much Do You Charge $$$$$ For A Wallet ?

2 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Right. Just for reference, anyone thinking of starting a business should read "the e sqaured revisited". This will give you a great insight into how tough being a business owner can be.

Also, keep in mind, no matter what they say on wall street people are still nervous about spending money. I think everyone's idea of money spending changed in '08. No one that got left out in the cold in '08 is going to let that happen to them again.

This makes opening a business that much more difficult.

I'll say, I couldn't start a business like this today.  I've got a lot to thank my Dad for.  This place started in 1969 and I've got lots of machines, leather, contacts, and wholesale customers that will help me keep this place going when he retires...he'll be 70 this year.

On 7/11/2014 at 11:47 PM, DavidL said:

At the end of the day a seller that sell 15 dollar shirts can make more revenue than the company selling 100 dollar shirts, so pricing is not indicative of a better company.

With all due respect, the goal should be profit, not revenue.

14 hours ago, Mark Peters said:

With all due respect, the goal should be profit, not revenue.

It's not what you take in it's what you get to keep.

Thankfully there are a plenty of companies and also a new wave of small businesses, that even though the rules of trade and profit still apply for us as well, the main goal is actually not 'as much profit in any way' but rather quality, craftsmanship, preservation of traditional skills and as good goods as possible as well as making enough profit to keep going, but never to compromise. Most of us might not make as much as if we choose the mass producing or outsourcing model that most businesses choose to do, but we are proud of what we are achieving and we know that we would never want to do anything else. And we don't need to make excuses to why we are in this business. It's just about the love of making the best leather goods produce as possible.