Recommended Posts

Madmax22 is right... I printed out the drawing (the pic of the guys tattoo), adjusted it to fit my design and the shape of the seat, and just used the tool that is usually used for background... Simple but effective...

 

here is the previous work I did...

Just a teaser for now ;)

 

G.S.

 

 

cheers,

s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!

here is another simple seat. This one was carved and engraved and then painted with acrylic paint. Then I used some sanding paper to make that red painted parts more interesting... 

cheers,

s

 

13350290_780131528755255_746693831925960

13323447_780131365421938_843587721352471

13350438_780131932088548_653473374931057

 

13411898_780132225421852_415514808021861

13346236_780132228755185_400187909138273

 

 

 

 

oh yes, and the wallet, simple but cool combo with the seat... 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your work is out of this world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMWendt   

So I'm wondering about your technique on the corner of your attached front pockets.  Can you describe how you do this?  I don't understand the fold and stitching and would like to know more about the method.

 

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 6, 2016 at 5:42 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Your work is out of this world.

Thank you :D

On June 6, 2016 at 9:46 PM, JMWendt said:

So I'm wondering about your technique on the corner of your attached front pockets.  Can you describe how you do this?  I don't understand the fold and stitching and would like to know more about the method.

 

Untitled.png

 

 

Ok, i will try to explain but I think photos would work better :)

So, this small piece from the corner to the back is 1,5 cm wide piece of leather.

You stitch that in to the corner and the stitches are obviously from the inside...

Than you turn it upside down and use a hammer to flatten it a bit...

Latter you can use water to reshape it and lacquering for water resistant stuff and so on...

 

Hope I helped 

 

cheers,

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
msdeluca   

Incredible art...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMWendt   
3 hours ago, silkfatblues said:

Thank you :D

 

 

Ok, i will try to explain but I think photos would work better :)

So, this small piece from the corner to the back is 1,5 cm wide piece of leather.

You stitch that in to the corner and the stitches are obviously from the inside...

Than you turn it upside down and use a hammer to flatten it a bit...

Latter you can use water to reshape it and lacquering for water resistant stuff and so on...

 

Hope I helped 

 

cheers,

S

Yeah, I think some pictures would help.  I'd sure like to see the whole process from start to finish.  How about a picture of the inside of the corner and how it attaches to the bag?  That might be all I need to "get it."

 

I do appreciate the information.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

sorry for being away for so long.

Had a couple floods in my workshop and home, some larger orders to handle, I had put a lot of custom work aside...

I am kind of getting back at it...

Now I see again most of the pics from this new thread are gone again... any cure for that? any suggestions? 

What is better, links from flick, fb, or uploading here?

Any advice helps, tnx!

 

just a few pics from a simple seat I made yesterday...

 

Cheers!!!

Silvio

 

B_15s.jpg

B_16s.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you reduce them and upload them, they will always be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

If you reduce them and upload them, they will always be here.

Thanx!!! Yes, I got contacted by moderators and they explained... I thought I was saving them web space by uploading on flickr.

Honest mistake :)

 

Cheers,

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now