Recommended Posts

Hi 

I had my eye on the ADLER 669, but I have the feeling little information is available, except from the standard folders from the firm.

Does anyone own such a machine and give me some pointers on whether I should go for it, or consider another machine?

 

Thanks

Didier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 669 was mentioned in passing in this older thread..

http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/45996-adler-205-370/

Current French price appears to be €4,666.00 in VAT/ TVA.. model DURKOPP ADLER 669-180010 E 1/9

If you are looking to buy new, you'd probably get a better price in the UK or Holland, or maybe even Belgium..at least based upon my Sail Maker ( Voilier ) friend's experience of buying Durkopp machines new in France.

 

Edited by mikesc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really the info I was looking for. I'm looking for user-expirience, the  "is it better tthen another machine" or " its the best machine on the market" kinda info. The "I love (or hate) it because........ " kinda posts that want you to jump up and run to the store, or start looking for another machine :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Trox has used / has one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't what you asked, I haven't used an Adler 669 but my impression is that it is similar to the Pfaff 335. I have owned an older 335 for 20 years, or so. It's an excellent machine that has been completely dependable and they can easily be found used for around $1,000. 

Gary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 669 is an updated version of the Adler 69 class.  Horizontal hook vs. the vertical hook on the 869.  We have an 869 here at the our plant with all the toys.  Fabulous machine.  The 669 is sold by Weaver Leather.   It has the smaller arm,  20mm lift and you can get it with a maximum stich length of 9mm I  believe.  I will be buying one in about a year.  You could email Allen at Weaver and he can tell you more about the machine.  I am surprised no one  on the board here that lives in Europe doesn't order  Adler machines from a German  dealer.    I would think they could get you some decent prices and since they are made in Europe, is there a Value added tax on the machines?   

Durkopp/Adler M-series machine in general are great machines.    Not cheap by any means but great machines!

glenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be VAT on machines sold in Europe, if one is registered as  business one gets the VAT back..VAT rate varies between EU countries, but the average rate is around 20%..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackiy,

Two other things.  The DA669 has a 2.5" longer arm than the Adler 69 and the Pfaff 335.  Weaver Leather has them in stock.   I think the price complete for the Eco on a stand with servo motor is about $3,800.00US.   Do not contact Allen at Weaver this week because their annual auction starts tomorrow and goes thru Thursday.  One of the biggest suctions for machinery and supplies in the US and it si held every year about this time.  You will never get a hold of Allen in the next 2 days.

glenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2016 at 7:12 AM, shoepatcher said:

Blackiy,

Two other things.  The DA669 has a 2.5" longer arm than the Adler 69 and the Pfaff 335.  Weaver Leather has them in stock.   I think the price complete for the Eco on a stand with servo motor is about $3,800.00US.   Do not contact Allen at Weaver this week because their annual auction starts tomorrow and goes thru Thursday.  One of the biggest suctions for machinery and supplies in the US and it si held every year about this time.  You will never get a hold of Allen in the next 2 days.

glenn

Me again, hope I’m not too annoying! I live in Ohio and just heard about this auction. From your experience, was the trip worth it? I’m really only interested in getting a 669 and possibly some hand tools, possibly a skiving machine if it’s cheap enough, but I’m not sure if the savings would be worth the 4 hour drive one way. I read another thread that had mixed reviews on how much one could actually save, especially on the more popular items. Since you got yours here, I figured 1 more opinion wouldn’t hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MG513 said:

Me again, hope I’m not too annoying! I live in Ohio and just heard about this auction. From your experience, was the trip worth it? I’m really only interested in getting a 669 and possibly some hand tools, possibly a skiving machine if it’s cheap enough, but I’m not sure if the savings would be worth the 4 hour drive one way. I read another thread that had mixed reviews on how much one could actually save, especially on the more popular items. Since you got yours here, I figured 1 more opinion wouldn’t hurt?

This is December November of 2018. The topic you replied to was last updated on June 14,  2016. The annual Weaver auction won't happen again until June of 2019. If you need a machine and skiver now, you will be buying them new, not used. The prices are in the catalog and online. If you file a business and tax ID with Weaver, you will get lower prices on most items than the listed prices.

Weaver Leather is one of our paying supporters. They run banner ads in the groups of ads on top of every page. Sometimes they offer a discount code to members of this forum. If you refresh the page you get a new group of 6 ad banners. Eventually, you will see Weaver banners. If you don't see any ad banners, please turn off your ad blocker. These advertisers are keeping the lights on at Leatherworker.net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

This is December of 2018.

What happened to November?  I didn't sleep through the DST change did I?

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Northmount said:

What happened to November?  I didn't sleep through the DST change did I?

Tom

LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Northmount said:

What happened to November?  I didn't sleep through the DST change did I?

Tom

I must be living in my own time zone. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now