BatCity

Question about Stitching Pliers

8 posts in this topic

I have 3mm diamond stitching punches and am wondering if someone makes stitching pliers with diamond prongs that will match the punches.  If so, who and where would I find them?  I have searched and don't seem to find any.  

Are you talking about a diamond shaped hole punch?

They have these on Ebay. Didn't dig to far in looking to see different sizes.

received_10202908332504632.jpeg

Goodsjapan.com has the 3mm in single or two hole versions.

image.png

I had to look, because I had never heard of these. Just looking at it though, has my arfritous screaming! Tools for a youngster?

6 hours ago, CaptQuirk said:

I had to look, because I had never heard of these. Just looking at it though, has my arfritous screaming! Tools for a youngster?

I think the chisels would be easier to use. They look cumbersome.

I think it would take more time to remove them from the leather than it's worth.

I appreciate everyone's help.  I did see these pliers, but hadn't seen a photo with the stitching holes and thought they wouldn't match the diamond shaped hole the punches make.  Now that I see the holes it looks like they will work.  I have watched some tutorials by Chris from Fischer Workshops and he uses both punches and this type of pliers which seem to work well.  It appears to be easier when trying to line up to stitching grooves when I see him use them.  I am currently working on a bag with a gusset that will be a little awkward for chisels because of the angle.  Thanks, again!