Recommended Posts

Hi guys.  If you're looking for the Cowboy User Guides and Assembly Guides, I make them freely available here: 
http://www.solar-leather.com/supporthelp/

There are also several videos covering random things.  I try to cover as much information as I can but haven't had time to make videos for every issue.  If you have video requests (be polite!) I'll see if I can get to it.  

Edited by SolarLeatherMachines
Fat Fingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MADMAX22   

Thanks for posting this. Parts catalog will be very useful.

Think it would be nice to have a in depth video going over all the adjustments you dont want people to do, alot of us dont have the option to send our machines back across the US not to mention the cost of doing such is prohibitive in my opinion. Ofcourse I am one of those people who does my own vehicle maintenance regardless how badly the dealer would like me to drop it off in there shop.   

Noticed these machines seem to come with a all silver/chrome thread tension assemblies now, are these any better then the old black ones that first shipped on these guys?

Edited by MADMAX22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have book marked the page.

As a non sewing machine owner I will throw out something to consider.

I want a machine and I will someday get one. Not anytime soon, but some day.

In regards to that, I would love to see a few videos of people actually using these machines. All I ever see is someone slapping a few layers together and having at it. 

I would like to see someone actually make something and talk about the different feet and why and when you would use them. Where you would use a binding attachment. What you might need to think about before you purchase (outside of sewing capacity) and whatnot.

Just something to consider.

As a sidenote, Solar, you are in the front running of someday selling me such a machine. I can drive to Dallas to pick it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brianm77   

Me too, but for now will have to live with just selling me the serabraid....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 9:44 PM, MADMAX22 said:

Thanks for posting this. Parts catalog will be very useful.

Think it would be nice to have a in depth video going over all the adjustments you dont want people to do, alot of us dont have the option to send our machines back across the US not to mention the cost of doing such is prohibitive in my opinion. Ofcourse I am one of those people who does my own vehicle maintenance regardless how badly the dealer would like me to drop it off in there shop.   

Noticed these machines seem to come with a all silver/chrome thread tension assemblies now, are these any better then the old black ones that first shipped on these guys?

Take it from an old biker...Chrome is always better. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 10:43 PM, bikermutt07 said:

I have book marked the page.

As a non sewing machine owner I will throw out something to consider.

I want a machine and I will someday get one. Not anytime soon, but some day.

In regards to that, I would love to see a few videos of people actually using these machines. All I ever see is someone slapping a few layers together and having at it. 

I would like to see someone actually make something and talk about the different feet and why and when you would use them. Where you would use a binding attachment. What you might need to think about before you purchase (outside of sewing capacity) and whatnot.

Just something to consider.

As a sidenote, Solar, you are in the front running of someday selling me such a machine. I can drive to Dallas to pick it up.

Had a guy walk into the store last week and challenge me with a saddle skirt and real sheeps wool.  Said "I want to see you sew this skirt on the 45, cuz I don't think it'll do it!"    I told him that I wasn't a saddlemaker, but that I'd give it a shot.  After I was done, he was real quiet, and then said "I never saw the stiches look so nice."    I said, "Well, sewing leather is kind of what I do...."  

Gotta know how to sew to build a machine right.   'Course, my BSME prolly helps a bit.  

I should have had him video it.  

On 3/4/2017 at 11:27 PM, Brianm77 said:

Me too, but for now will have to live with just selling me the serabraid....

Did you get your thread yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 10:43 PM, bikermutt07 said:

a few videos of people actually using these machines ...and why and when you would use them

So, you were hoping for a video with actual, useful information?  Cuz, as a rule we don't do that ... :rofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MADMAX22   
2 hours ago, SolarLeatherMachines said:

Gotta know how to sew to build a machine right.   'Course, my BSME prolly helps a bit.

Ya mean Juki problem helps a bit :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JLSleather said:

So, you were hoping for a video with actual, useful information?  Cuz, as a rule we don't do that ... :rofl:

 

Actually, I was thinking of you during that post. But you were too busy moving at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.. uhh.. while i appreciate the vote o' confidence, fella aint gotta go farta find somebody knows more about sewin' than me :o

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now