I am 2+ years into my holster and gun leather business/hobby.  I seem to be running into the NFL stage (No Friends Left) and need to start selling to "strangers"..  I will be setting up at my first gun show in a couple months.  I plan on taking orders, mostly, but plan to have an assortment of holsters for example work.  I will be offering holsters, mag pouches, belts and slings.  Any ideas on how best to approach a show setting?  What pitfalls should I be aware of?  This is a pretty good show, overall, in that they don't allow non-gun/knife/military vendors in the show.  It's a pretty knowledgeable and driven group that comes in.  Thanks for the feedback!

one table stack high go vertical don't let freeloaders tell you its cheaper over there,,,, let them go there,,, its a buyers flea market attitude,offer good info and build on your quality ....db

Clean no excess clutter, but have it there to show 

Edited by greystoneleatherllc
miss a letter

Keep lots of water on hand. You will be doing a lot of talking. Be ready to pitch the sale and Close the sale.

I watched a fella at the last Maker's fare I worked clean up all day long. He was selling steak rubs. Boy he had that pitch down pat. He sold to 70-80% of people that gave him 3 minutes of their time.

I know that's not the gun market, but sales is sales. Know your product, give a story\info, make it so the person has a need only you can fulfill, and tell them for the money.

Good luck.

kiwican   
On Saturday, August 05, 2017 at 10:53 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Keep lots of water on hand. You will be doing a lot of talking. Be ready to pitch the sale and Close the sale.

I watched a fella at the last Maker's fare I worked clean up all day long. He was selling steak rubs. Boy he had that pitch down pat. He sold to 70-80% of people that gave him 3 minutes of their time.

I know that's not the gun market, but sales is sales. Know your product, give a story\info, make it so the person has a need only you can fulfill, and tell them for the money.

Good luck.

I've been to a number of shows and bikermutt speaks true. I've watched people do the pitch and make money hand over fist while other selling the same product couldn't seem to sell water to a thirsty man. As near as I could tell based on the same product at the same price and in some cases slightly higher the difference was in the pitch. Slap chop vs shake weight! You decide