jimi   

"special R".Tony if you mean the R with the long swash then the measurement was posted in my last pictures? the 29k one? they are the same size. the length of the Singer MFCº is 6 1/4" or 160mm long.

Folker, did that 132k trim leather or just material? if it trimmed leather that could be a good way of getting rid of the teeth marks left behind?? you know, right side toe and feed dog (looking to the machine), then trim off the right side with the teeth marks?? the 45k63 had a trimmer attachment also.

Edited by jimi

don´t know if it was meant for trimming leather - but could be (depends on thickness I think) since it is an SV machine. The cloth trimmer (originally for trimming soft shoulder pads) was 132K12 - this one is 132KSV11 - who knows...  but I I have no use for a trimmer... ;)

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

NO WAY - ha ha - Jimi just bothers me a bit ;) with this because I paint most of my restored machines silver and put on black decals. THIS one will stay as is and because the original paint job + decals are very nice I will try to turn it into a 132K6? Why? Because the parts for putting it back into its original configuration are no longer available and I have no use for a machine with a trimming device. BUT it has a lot similarities with the 132K6 and lost of K6 parts are still available.... sooo thats a future project.... This was my original post reg. this 132K.

Your 45K looks very nice with this crackle coating :spoton: But I think I would have painted the flat bed with glossy black

Reg. 132K decals - yes shading looks gray. Most likely you would not see a black shading on a black machine.

Hi Constabulary, 

I painted almost everything in crinckle finish except the front cover and flywheel in shinny black. Even the bobbin winder and the wax pot is in crinckle finish, you can tell that I really love crinckle finish a lot, just as much as you love shinny silver. I'm sure this crinckle finish flatbed will last longer than a shinny black, it should withstand abrasion much better, that's why I made the decision.

Tony

Evo160K   

Tony,

Have you seen LW member Colt W. Knight's Decal tutorial he posted in this 2014 topic?  :

http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/59807-would-appreciate-your-advise-on-restoring-this-singer-45k25/?page=2

On 08/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, Evo160K said:

Tony,

Have you seen LW member Colt W. Knight's Decal tutorial he posted in this 2014 topic?  :

http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/59807-would-appreciate-your-advise-on-restoring-this-singer-45k25/?page=2

Hi Al,

Thanks for the link. Does it mean we have to manually hand painted the gold colour on the decals before sticking it on the machine?

Anyone has an original singer decal with the long "R", if yours is in good or visible condition pls post a pic here. Thank you!

Tony 

Sorry I mean if anyone whose singer machine still have the original decal with the special long "R" in good condition, could you kindly post a pic here? Your help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Tony

Edited by Parfektionisto

Evo160K   
9 hours ago, Parfektionisto said:

Hi Al,

Does it mean we have to manually hand painted the gold colour on the decals before sticking it on the machine?

Tony, my experience with making decals is non-existent.  Maybe ask Colt.

Regards