stampingdelight

Good Places One Can Sell Leather Items For Sale

Hi,

I am still very new to making things in leather & am having a hard time selling items.  Is their any good places besides craigslist, that one can list  leather items for sale that is free to list items.

Not that I know of. Maybe try setting up a booth at a craft show.

Print up some business cards.  Hand them out to everyone.  Work through your friends and relatives to start with.  Good work spreads by word of mouth which is some of the best advertising.

Tom

Oh yeah, Facebook. Lots of people sell stuff on Facebook.

You can also try Etsy. It can be a slow start though.

On 1/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, thefanninator said:

Big Cartel has several options for a shop

Visited their website, but not entirely sure how this thing works.  Where are all the "shops?"  How do you buy something from a "big cartel" shop?  How are they advertising the shops to others?  I've never even heard of this.  The website seems like a good concept, but I seem to be missing the core of it...

YinTx

17 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Visited their website, but not entirely sure how this thing works.  Where are all the "shops?"  How do you buy something from a "big cartel" shop?  How are they advertising the shops to others?  I've never even heard of this.  The website seems like a good concept, but I seem to be missing the core of it...

YinTx

That's the trick, you can't really do a search for an item or browse for things and find a shop. It's more like having your own website. You have to market your shop yourself using your site's address. I used it for a while and posted my link to my facebook and instagram pages but it didn't get much traffic.

At one time there was a directory of sorts but I've read they shut that down.

Edited by thefanninator

Reddit has a classified section where you can sell stuff also.