Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, garypl said:

That’s a powerful airless sprayer - I think it would be difficult to control the output when spraying small amounts of dye - overkill and looks like it would not be able to spray unless you have a large container of dye.

Yeah, I was joking about that. :P:lol:

It takes about a 1/3 of a gallon just to fill the lines.

Edited by bikermutt07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
garypl   
6 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Yeah, I was joking about that. :P:lol:

It takes about a 1/3 of a gallon just to fill the lines.

LOL You got me there Mutt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, garypl said:

LOL You got me there Mutt!

Man, I figured anybody that new about those things would get a good laugh out of it. It's left over from my remodeling company. I still use it every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
philmb   

Thanks for all the reply's =)

Just did a quick test with mixing 50/50 with alcohol, seems to make the colour a lot better - a lot less Red.

It seems like the oil dyes maybe better to use.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, philmb said:

Thanks for all the reply's =)

Just did a quick test with mixing 50/50 with alcohol, seems to make the colour a lot better - a lot less Red.

It seems like the oil dyes maybe better to use.

 

 

Just for reference....

Pro Dye = Pro Oil Dye

They are one and the same. Fiebings is dropping the pro oil moniker for confusion's sake. It is the same stuff. A few years ago I emailed them about what was what. And that was their reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
philmb   
1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

Just for reference....

Pro Dye = Pro Oil Dye

They are one and the same. Fiebings is dropping the pro oil moniker for confusion's sake. It is the same stuff. A few years ago I emailed them about what was what. And that was their reply.

Aaaah i was just thinking about that very thing. 

I was assuming that was the case.

Thanks again for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grmnsplx   

Get some alcohol (methly hydrate aka methyl alcohol) from the hardware store and dilute your dye 4:1, even 5:1.  I apply one coat and then even things out with the second. Usually a third is not necessary, but you can do further applications to get it darker.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, philmb said:

Aaaah i was just thinking about that very thing. 

I was assuming that was the case.

Thanks again for the info

Fwiw today my local Tandy extended their Valentine's day sale to include not just red and ox blood but all the fiebings dye for $4.00 a piece. I bought 14 bottles. I should be good for a bit.:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grmnsplx   
On 10/02/2018 at 2:29 PM, terrymac said:

Bikermutte, throw that Neatsfoot oil in the trash and get yourself some Bee's Natural Saddle Oil.  Won't darken your leather at all. I quit using that other stuff years ago.  Didn't like what it did to my leather.

Terry

Weird. This stuff is neatsfoot oil with some petroleum distillate (heavy parrafinnic) added to it. I'll have to try some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now