Recommended Posts

Denny Lowe is our resident master craftsman and, with a little help, he creates nearly all of our new patterns and kits. His latest project is making a guitar case, a project he’s never tried before. Here’s a peek into his process. 

http://springfieldleather.tk/post/172567718649/making-a-leather-pattern-with-denny-lowe

Just wanted to share this with you here. 

Thanks!

5ac4eeaf16559_DennyCase1.jpg.e63f199333cb68e8acee19dad3c697b6.jpg5ac4eeb29588b_Dennycase2.jpg.82e2baa2ba7a6a2d2fe9457fe3795ce8.jpg5ac4ef0bddcd4_DennysCase3.jpg.1fca87159ee41d2594a02e15fc21cdc9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Thats insane work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome write up on the process. I had someone ask me about making one of those one time. I quoted a price, and that ended that. That is a 2 percent piece. Only 2 percent could really afford it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is beautiful!!!

Ya know... That looks like it would be a perfect fit for one of my guitars. So if you find it takes up too much room in your shop, you can just send it my way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've got a really big shop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bodean said:

Awesome write up on the process. I had someone ask me about making one of those one time. I quoted a price, and that ended that. That is a 2 percent piece. Only 2 percent could really afford it.

Just need to find the right country music star! Not always easy as it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wyowind said:

That is beautiful!!!

Ya know... That looks like it would be a perfect fit for one of my guitars. So if you find it takes up too much room in your shop, you can just send it my way...

As Tugadude said, we have a pretty big place here. Room for lots and lots of stuff. Hopefully we can get a few things made out of the Shell Cordovan we got in and I can show you some of that as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that's nice, may have to stop in while in Branson, and see this that beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heirloom, museum quality craftsmanship piece! A tip of the hat to Denny for sharing his process...I followed along on FB as it developed...most intriguing!

Edited by Double Daddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a similar case in a local (Tucson) music store from years ago. While it is an accomplishment and and amazing amount of skill involved, it's basically useless and the heaviest case I ever lifted. In addition, if it was offered at a fair price, it would cost more than all but the most expensive instruments. 

It may have a home at the Musical Instruments Museum in Phoenix. They have a copy of Elvis' leather tooled guitar.

 

Image result for elvis leather guitar cover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 8:29 AM, TonySFLDLTHR said:

Denny Lowe is our resident master craftsman and, with a little help, he creates nearly all of our new patterns and kits. His latest project is making a guitar case, a project he’s never tried before. Here’s a peek into his process. 

http://springfieldleather.tk/post/172567718649/making-a-leather-pattern-with-denny-lowe

Just wanted to share this with you here. 

Thanks!

5ac4eeaf16559_DennyCase1.jpg.e63f199333cb68e8acee19dad3c697b6.jpg5ac4eeb29588b_Dennycase2.jpg.82e2baa2ba7a6a2d2fe9457fe3795ce8.jpg5ac4ef0bddcd4_DennysCase3.jpg.1fca87159ee41d2594a02e15fc21cdc9.jpg

So impressive.  Very nice work.

Silverd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome!  Looks so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. That is GREAT WORK. I only wished I had the patience to do that. I know a few pickers that might be interested if you are wanting to sell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next Level stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that is some insane tooling!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:blink:

OMG yeah "insane" is the right word :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now