Recommended Posts

Hello!!

What is the difference between these products, apart from the price?

Fiebing's Edge Kote Vs Eco-flo Edgeflex.

What you recommend for paint edges of a belt?

Edited by D2G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would stay away from Fiebings and ecoflow for edge paint.  I use Fenice or Giardini for edges.  They are both from Italy but far superior to the two you mentioned in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Mike - I use a Giardini and the edges look good and are very durable and flexible.  

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edge flex is Fenice. Look at the back of the bottle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all, Giardini looks good but the shipment is many expensive, so Edgeflex better? And... How good is Fiebing's edge kote? Is more cheep to beginning.

Friends, I'm thinking maybe, what if I paint with serigraphy paint?
Did you try it?

Edited by D2G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go with the edge flex. Not good luck with Edge Kote. Flaked off for me on stuff used in the pocket and my first few holsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, D2G said:

Thanks to all, Giardini looks good but the shipment is many expensive, so Edgeflex better? And... How good is Fiebing's edge kote? Is more cheep to beginning.

Friends, I'm thinking maybe, what if I paint with serigraphy paint?
Did you try it?

I just received an email from Giardini stating they have new, lower shipping agreement with FedEx, so shipping may not be as expensive as you suspect.  Why don’t you call Giardini and ask for a quote?  They offer paint in 250 or 1000 ml bottles and they offer an extensive variety of colors.

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the prices. I don't know.

Screenshot_2018-05-15-20-57-07-448_com.android.chrome.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, D2G said:

There is the prices. I don't know.

Screenshot_2018-05-15-20-57-07-448_com.android.chrome.png

OUCH That hurts. To Australia I guess must be a real killer. Any one here in Oz  know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, D2G said:

There is the prices. I don't know.

Screenshot_2018-05-15-20-57-07-448_com.android.chrome.png

This is wrong.

I ordered a sample yesterday morning and had the same problem, I contacted them and got a reply saying they had fixed the problem. I re-ordered a few minutes ago and the order went through with free shipping in Europe. I payed with PayPal because their site said it wasn’t secure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only ordered Giardini direct but recently found out that Campbell Randall also stocks Giardini, for those of us in North America FWIW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

This is wrong.

I ordered a sample yesterday morning and had the same problem, I contacted them and got a reply saying they had fixed the problem. I re-ordered a few minutes ago and the order went through with free shipping in Europe. I payed with PayPal because their site said it wasn’t secure?

Thanks @KingsCountyLeather that price sounds a whole lot better to me. I will give it a test and get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mokerson said:

I've only ordered Giardini direct but recently found out that Campbell Randall also stocks Giardini, for those of us in North America FWIW.

I have ordered from Campbell Randall in the past and they only sold 1 liter bottles. Do you know if they are now selling 250 ml bottles?  (Went to their website and I see they only list 1 liter bottles.  Last time I bought paint from them they had just started selling a Giardini and they only had two colors and nothing listed on the website.  Now they list many colors, but still only 1 liter bottles. )  1 liter lasts a very long time!

Gary

Edited by garypl
Clarify information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 9:54 PM, garypl said:

I have ordered from Campbell Randall in the past and they only sold 1 liter bottles. Do you know if they are now selling 250 ml bottles?  (Went to their website and I see they only list 1 liter bottles.  Last time I bought paint from them they had just started selling a Giardini and they only had two colors and nothing listed on the website.  Now they list many colors, but still only 1 liter bottles. )  1 liter lasts a very long time!

Gary

Doh!  Nope, didn't know that Gary so I guess I spoke out of turn.  So while they do have it, I guess they are somewhat limited in their options, thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mokerson said:

Doh!  Nope, didn't know that Gary so I guess I spoke out of turn.  So while they do have it, I guess they are somewhat limited in their options, thanks for the heads up.

Actually, C-R lists just about every available color of Giardini Paint now - just wish they would stock the 250ml bottles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Buckleguy is now carrying Italian edge paint under private label in 250ml. Think it is Fenice. More colors than I can list here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now