olfart

Another Holster

Thanks to JLSLeather for the pattern, here's another holster.  This one was an experiment to try the sunburst effect dye job.  While it's a long way from perfect,  maybe I won't be too ashamed to let it out of the house.  It's unlined 7/8 oz veg leather with artificial sinew stitching.  Dyed with British Tan in an airbrush, then trimmed with darker British Tan/Mahogany mix around the edges.  I think a "lazy Susan" (and a LOT more practice with the airbrush) might help me to get the sunburst more even.

L Holster.jpg

Nice holster. Airbrush practice is critical. Nice thing is, you can do it on a piece of paper or cardboard. Draw outline of a holster, then have at it. It's a pretty steep learning curve. 

Pshaw, ain't nothin wrong with that sunburst!  Nice lookin holster, too in my opinion!

YinTx

Keep it up, olfart.

Thanks, guys!  This one's for a lefty friend, but his birthday's not for another couple of weeks yet, so I may just make another one to see if I can do it better.

If you try another, you may want to seat it a little deeper in the holster. The trigger sticking out is usually a no no around here. Just a thought...

Yes, I had thought about that.  This one was made strictly by the pattern from JLSLeather, but I'm planning to make a few mods to the next one. 

Didja check the "fancy smancy" video, or just mine?@! ;)

Next time I'm at the market, I'm fixina buy me a couple cans of peas.... however many it takes to make my videos "1080 peas"  - so they'll be nicer, more  valuable videos :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVHrTPf1AQ

I don't do video, "fancy smancy" or otherwise.  On a metered connection, 8gb per month, so I don't do much wandering around on Utube.  I just downloaded your free pattern and went to work.  Thanks for the pattern, by the way!