Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

I have looked at the pile of junk that needs to be moved out of my workshop to free-up some space ... does that make it as an "actual start"? :wacko:

Most assuredly, especially if you took a tea/coffee break afterwards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

I have looked at the pile of junk that needs to be moved out of my workshop to free-up some space ... does that make it as an "actual start"? :wacko:

Absolutely! In fact, that is the loooongest phase!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, fredk said:

Most assuredly

 

37 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

Absolutely!

That is way cool! I am almost half way ... to thinking about what I can do before making a decision! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to show you my new leather working space...got pictures today, but no time to post them right now!

Yes, this means I am MOVING as of Dec. 3. The lady who owned the house had 3 different hobbies, and much of the house was converted to suit her needs. There is a HUGE sewing room in the basement with counters on both sides of the room. The room adjacent to it has one whole wall of shelves..there are SHELVES EVERYWHERE!!

Her other two hobbies were pottery making and stained glass. She had half of the garage insulated and heated so she could do her pottery out there.

Pictures later, got to run!

This change is coming none too soon. I picked up a 3/4 oz. veg tan side at Tandy's on the weekend for just $40, and my current storage space is TOO SMALL - it won't fit in!

So, I will be going from a century home that has almost no storage space, to a house that has more than I'll know what to do with! :yeah:

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

, to a house that has more than I'll know what to do with! :yeah:

Haha...that's would I said years ago when I moved my business from a 900sqft apartment into a 3700sqft house. 6 months later...the only part of that space not dedicated to the business is the master bedroom and the kitchen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Can't wait to show you my new leather working space...got pictures today, but no time to post them right now!

Yes, this means I am MOVING as of Dec. 3. The lady who owned the house had 3 different hobbies, and much of the house was converted to suit her needs. There is a HUGE sewing room in the basement with counters on both sides of the room. The room adjacent to it has one whole wall of shelves..there are SHELVES EVERYWHERE!!

Her other two hobbies were pottery making and stained glass. She had half of the garage insulated and heated so she could do her pottery out there.

Pictures later, got to run!

This change is coming none too soon. I picked up a 3/4 oz. veg tan side at Tandy's on the weekend for just $40, and my current storage space is TOO SMALL - it won't fit in!

So, I will be going from a century home that has almost no storage space, to a house that has more than I'll know what to do with! :yeah:

Congrats!  Looking forward to the pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, koreric75 said:

definitely making progress, looks good!

Nice looking area and that table top is nice! I'm building now and moving stuff around and in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Daviddm said:

Nice looking area and that table top is nice! I'm building now and moving stuff around and in.

Foot for foot, that maybe the heaviest granite I have handled. It felt like it was twice the thickness. We set in place and didn't even bother to silicone it down. I rapped on it a few times to see if it rattled. Just a dead thud.

The color is steel grey. I think it is more dense than even absolute black or Galaxy Black.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now