Kiwistitcher

Greetings from the North Island of New Zealand!

Recommended Posts

Hi - I'm just starting out. I'm a Brit living in NZ since 2008 but really missing quality leather work I used to have in the UK with my horses and dogs. I'm a nana on a mission. I'm busy sourcing tools and ideas and can't wait for my very own shed to be built and kitted out as my  workshop. Any day now! I hope to learn from all of you and, hopefully, shares some of my ideas once I've mastered a couple of basic skills.

I'm on a very important journey as I set myself up for retirement from 40 years of teaching in 2020. Please join me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard, Kiwi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! Where in the North are you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G'day and welcome from ' across the ditch' :) 

Since you're in NZ and looking for tools  :

http://www.kellymidasclassics.co.nz/about_noel_kelly.php 

I only have a handful of these ( the ridgy didgy's ) ,  but about 8 sets of the Boss Buttons.

Look forward to seeing your work 

HS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome. Thank you, all your neighbors, and the very dirt you walk on for making Lord Of The Rings a beautiful thing. Couldn't done it as well without it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the welcomes!

On 9/4/2018 at 1:05 AM, kiwican said:

Welcome! Where in the North are you? 

I'm just west of Hamilton, heading for the coast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 1:27 AM, Handstitched said:

G'day and welcome from ' across the ditch' :) 

Since you're in NZ and looking for tools  :

http://www.kellymidasclassics.co.nz/about_noel_kelly.php 

I only have a handful of these ( the ridgy didgy's ) ,  but about 8 sets of the Boss Buttons.

Look forward to seeing your work 

HS 

Hi - thanks for that link. I've just picked up a whole bunch of Craftool USA tools. I'm going a bit OCD with it all I'm afraid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 3:07 AM, battlemunky said:

Welcome. Thank you, all your neighbors, and the very dirt you walk on for making Lord Of The Rings a beautiful thing. Couldn't done it as well without it!

You're very welcome - Hobbiton is a very special place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why OCD? Isn’t that just how life is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see another Kiwi leather worker on here, New Zealand leather supplies in Auckland is very good to deal with , I buy all my vege tan leather from them - good quality and great prices as  well. 

Cheers Don

Albannach Crafts 

Oamaru 

New Zealand

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 6:30 PM, Albannach said:

Nice to see another Kiwi leather worker on here, New Zealand leather supplies in Auckland is very good to deal with , I buy all my vege tan leather from them - good quality and great prices as  well. 

Cheers Don

Albannach Crafts 

Oamaru 

New Zealand

 

Thanks for the info. Learning, learning, learning!

On 9/23/2018 at 2:31 PM, ScoobyNewbie said:

Why OCD? Isn’t that just how life is?

Apparently so! I keep rearranging and checking the numbers on my Craftools! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 12:40 PM, Kiwistitcher said:

Hi - thanks for that link. I've just picked up a whole bunch of Craftool USA tools. I'm going a bit OCD with it all I'm afraid!

Now on a mission to track down Kelly Midas tools! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kiwistitcher said:

Now on a mission to track down Kelly Midas tools! 

There's a bloke in UK who bought up a heap of new old-stock from some place that was closing down. I found him on eBay, and I have bought a heap from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I found him. Too may to choose from! I need to pace myself. Thanks for the heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kiwistitcher You should also check out Birdsall Leather in New South Wales. They have a heap of stamps, some discontinued and some new designs, from $3.00 per stamp if you buy 10 at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now