gavinbuskey

Carving Lesson 102?

Hi everyone,

I found Paul Burnett's Carving 101 to be really helpful, but I'm not finding his later carving lessons. Does anyone know where I might get access to them? Thanks in advance

Gavin, unfortunately, Paul Burnett passed away in 2012, from cancer. :( 

Last I looked, his website was still up, being run by his wife and daughter, and there was some good stuff on it:

http://paintingcow.com/content/

Edit: okay, the tutorials once available for free on his site are no longer available. PM me, with your e-mail, and I can send you the PDF's. Or they may be the same ones listed on the website, where it says 'Sign up for free tutorials and newsletter.'  I really don't recall if I downloaded the lessons from his website, or if they were e-mailed to me. It was a long time ago!

Apparently, a lot of his teaching is still available from that website, if you are willing to pay for it. He also wrote a book on leather carving, which may be still available!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Gavin, unfortunately, Paul Burnett passed away in 2012, from cancer. :( 

Last I looked, his website was still up, being run by his wife and daughter, and there was some good stuff on it:

http://paintingcow.com/content/

Edit: okay, the tutorials once available for free on his site are no longer available. PM me, with your e-mail, and I can send you the PDF's. Or they may be the same ones listed on the website, where it says 'Sign up for free tutorials and newsletter.'  I really don't recall if I downloaded the lessons from his website, or if they were e-mailed to me. It was a long time ago!

Apparently, a lot of his teaching is still available from that website, if you are willing to pay for it. He also wrote a book on leather carving, which may be still available!

Please don't share any restricted content.  They may have changed their minds about what is paid content and what is free.  Do them the courtesy of signing up and obtain it properly.  It's well worth the minimal cost for the lessons.  By the way, Sheila, I really liked your bear art in the other post.  Nice work!

Immiketoo, are you kidding me?? That wasn't me, that was Al Stohlman!! :lol:  You need to read my post more carefully!

Give me the most expensive tools in the world and I am STILL not going to produce work like his! [meaning the bear picture, which is clearly signed by Stohlman]

Please don't share any restricted content.  They may have changed their minds about what is paid content and what is free.  Do them the courtesy of signing up and obtain it properly.  It's well worth the minimal cost for the lessons.

Yeah, I took that into consideration when I posted, then decided regardless of HOW he gets the content, it's free. And it came with a boatload of advertising, too!

The paid content on the site looks to be a good deal. He was an excellent teacher.

Edited by Sheilajeanne

On October 10, 2018 at 9:48 PM, Sheilajeanne said:

Immiketoo, are you kidding me?? That wasn't me, that was Al Stohlman!! :lol:  You need to read my post more carefully!

Yeah, I took that into consideration when I posted, then decided regardless of HOW he gets the content, it's free. And it came with a boatload of advertising, too!

The paid content on the site looks to be a good deal. He was an excellent teacher.

Whoops.  Was really impressed, but yeah, I see that now.  I sowwy.

I have to say I'm honoured you think I might be capable of producing work like that...

Who knows, maybe someday I will !  [Yeah, in my dreams!]