Constabulary

BUSMC #6 HM (Head + Bobbin winder) - I can ship

Recommended Posts

I decided to sell my fully restored DVSG / BUSMC #6 HM. It is the head incl. bobbin winder + some some accessories - see below pictures for details.

This is the later model with stitch length adjuster near the driving cam !!!

I have restored it by my self and I striped the machine down to the core. I have touched very single screw! I thoroughly cleaned all parts and the casting incl. cast iron parts have ben cleaned in an electrolysis bath. Then I repainted everything in nice green / olive drab shade. Some parts have been replaced with New Old Stock parts I found in Great Britain.

Machine has the wax pot for the top tread and comes with the following accessories:

Bobbin winder, 1 shuttle, 2 bobbins, 2 presser feet (1 double toe on machine, 1 left toe extra) parts tin, approx 15 needles, some spare screws, oiler holder, bracket for flat bed attachment (the curved piece) some tools and a few other bits - I can also include an edge guide which it´s not OEM but I think you can make it work for this machine - I never installed it. See pictures. Oh - and there is a sharpening stone is for deburring the needle tips - just for the case. The brown thread on the bobbin winder is not included but I include  some heavy polyester thread of approx size 207.

The squared piece in the upper left side (last picture) are for inside the wax pot AFAIK. Bobbin winder wax pot is included too - of course. I never have used either wax pot so they are clean. I put an extra tension unit on top of the bobbin winder because I had a thread stand for industrial thread cones and figured winding the bobbing works much better with the tension unit

I also have 2 PDF manuals - one original scanned and one digitally reworked.

Treadle stand is NOT included.

I take Paypal.

I can ship to USA,Canada and the whole European Union incl. Great Britain.

USA & Canada:

Price Including UPS shipping in a custom build cerate:    $1750 / 1500€

EU & Great Britain:

Price Including UPS shipping or freight forwarder in a custom build cerate or on a palette:    1350€

Above Price expire on Jan. 31 2019 because right now I have a UPS shipping voucher which expires at that date. So shipping has to happen before that date. Later shipping will cost more.

If interested or you want to see more detailed pictures / need more information send me a PM or ask here.

I will post a YouTube video later.

(1).JPG

(2).JPG

(3).JPG

 

(4).JPG

(5).JPG

(6).JPG

(8).JPG

(9).JPG

(10).JPG

(17).JPG

(18).JPG

(11).JPG

(12).JPG

(13).JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sir, have an addiction.

Beautiful job. Good luck on the sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that's what i call a excellent rebuild, as good if not better than new, well done you must be sorry to be parting with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you :) I honestly hate to sell it, this was the best rebuilt I ever did - but - I have to be honest to my self, I will most likely never have enough work for this machine so the machine "rests" in the garage and is collection dust - that's not what it is meant for. I think since the day I finished the machine I have not sewn more than maybe 5 feet or so - sad but true. I barely sew heavy leather. I mainly sew webbing and canvas so it is like "pearls for the pigs". So it will serve a serious leather worker, saddle or harness maker better than me.

 

The stand can be sold separately but It cannot be shipped over the pond to the US or Canada - I´m sorry!  Due to size and weight the stand can only be shipped inside the EU by freight forwarder or we talk about personal delivery (depends on location) or pick up.

So if someone inside the EU is interested in the stand drop me a note. It has an attached work plate and has the original heavy cast iron motor mount.

Edited by Constabulary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it can sell in the EU so it can all stay original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A stunning machine! Beautiful work, sadly I can't justify a sewing machine right now but I couldn't help but comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folker,

That looks just fabulous.  You did on hell of a job on that.  Fun to rebuild?

glenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that is stunning.... trouble is I have a head but no treadle stand or winder....

I assume the cost to US and Canada is in USD?... had to ask.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.1.2019 at 2:22 PM, Constabulary said:

USA & Canada:

Price Including UPS shipping in a custom build cerate:    $1750 / 1500€

Yes USD or EURO

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice machine hope it sells quickly the color you chose looks great on that machine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful machine, how much does the head weigh crated up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So as a serious buyer (I'm going to look at one this coming Sunday, just the head) can someone tell me more about:

 

Quote

This is the later model with stitch length adjuster near the driving cam !!!

Is this more desirable than the older style? The one I'm going to look at is the older style I think, has the "The British United Shoe Machine Co LTD" on the handwheel, these two are similar prices, if this one is better and more usable or desirable vs the older one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has the stitch length adjusted by the dial on the front and the one advantage I can see is that I can tell the length easily will operating the machine (short memory) where the newer location I would have to stop work and stand up to. that said the later model appears to have a very serious tightening mechanism on the adjustor so it may in fact stay in adjustment better - though mine has never drifted from where I set the dial - I do have to make sure the set bolts are tightened on the back though. So while the dial hasn't drifted the adjustment itself can on occasion due to the mechanism on the back side. (bolt to bold set up).

All in all the later set up may be more "secure".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info. I happen to have a winder for one of these.

 

I'd prefer a whole kit-and-caboodle with a treadle stand and the works, but would consider this one since the price is right and the resto looks top notch. I've had very large items shipped from Germany before without issue, if a person can get it properly crated it shouldn't be an issue (though expensive, to be sure) to ship the whole thing. I'd just hate to break it up from the stand.

 

 

Edited by mogwild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.2.2019 at 5:28 AM, awharness said:

Beautiful machine, how much does the head weigh crated up?

I´ll check tomorrow and let you know.

No matter the weight - shipping is included in the above price!

However - as mentioned above shipping will cost a bit more now since the UPS voucher expired. But it will not cost a lot more I think.

If you are interested I´ll check it again.

 

4 hours ago, mogwild said:

Thanks for the info. I happen to have a winder for one of these.

 

I'd prefer a whole kit-and-caboodle with a treadle stand and the works, but would consider this one since the price is right and the resto looks top notch. I've had very large items shipped from Germany before without issue, if a person can get it properly crated it shouldn't be an issue (though expensive, to be sure) to ship the whole thing. I'd just hate to break it up from the stand.

 

The stand has approx 3 or 4 times the weight of the machine - I seriously doubt it will be economic to ship the stand to Canada.

Not sure if I can put the stand on my scale at all but I`ll try.

I would have to use a EURO pallet (120x80cm) as base for the crate because for moving the crate you need a fork lift and / or lifting cart so all that together (stand + machine + pallet + crate and so forth) weights A LOT!

The crate is not the problem (technically) but the insurance / tracking is the problem. When I take paypal I have to ship insured with tracking and I don´t think a freight forwarder tracking is accepted by paypal so the risk is on my side and I cannot take it - so I´m sorry. I cannot afford losing the money so I rather don´t ship the stand.

I can ship the machine head (as offered above) in a custom built crate by UPS incl. full tracking from the minute I bought the shipping label onward -  that is no problem at all! But the stand is not possible to ship when I have to accept paypal. I just do not take the risk.

Another option would be a Western Union Money Order but then the whole risk is on your side. Then I would do the work and crate the whole thing and ship by freight forwarder by sea freight. So that is up to you.

Let me know.

====

EDIT:

I packed sea freight containers when my unit moved back from Bosnia in 2001 (SFOR) so I pretty much know what I´m doing when I ship things over the pond ;)

 

Edited by Constabulary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

 

 

The stand has approx 3 or 4 times the weight of the machine - I seriously doubt it will be economic to ship the stand to Canada.

Not sure if I can put the stand on my scale at all but I`ll try.

I would have to use a EURO pallet (120x80cm) as base for the crate because for moving the crate you need a fork lift and / or lifting cart so all that together (stand + machine + pallet + crate and so forth) weights A LOT!

The crate is not the problem (technically) but the insurance / tracking is the problem. When I take paypal I have to ship insured with tracking and I don´t think a freight forwarder tracking is accepted by paypal so the risk is on my side and I cannot take it - so I´m sorry. I cannot afford losing the money so I rather don´t ship the stand.

I can ship the machine head (as offered above) in a custom built crate by UPS incl. full tracking from the minute I bought the shipping label onward -  that is no problem at all! But the stand is not possible to ship when I have to accept paypal. I just do not take the risk.

Another option would be a Western Union Money Order but then the whole risk is on your side. Then I would do the work and crate the whole thing and ship by freight forwarder by sea freight. So that is up to you.

Let me know.

====

EDIT:

I packed sea freight containers when my unit moved back from Bosnia in 2001 (SFOR) so I pretty much know what I´m doing when I ship things over the pond ;)

 

I've had an item or two shipped from Germany to Canada as well :)  I'm a fan of heavy stuff ;)

5c5b511e32ce3_Docks(2).jpg.a8683bf3d9e9b51feb0ffe31882f09e3.jpg5c5b516b2abe9_Afterwash(15).jpg.6f08ea3deb70f2a379ae90c7a6179343.jpg

I'd be interested, but only in the whole unit, you've done such a nice job restoring it it's too much of a shame to separate them (IMHO).  Gimme a price, shipped to my door (I can PM the address if needed) and I'll tell you if I'm interested or not. I have a broker so I can handle the import side no problem.

 

I'm a big fan of that shade of green by the way ;)

20141231_141146.jpg.4ff211b1657cd85a0e7a3767026c11a5.jpg

 

Last item I received from  Germany over Xmas, complete axle for a Gelandewagen, rotor to rotor:

IMG_20181227_143036-1024x768.thumb.jpg.fa7a7a5fe3c92ac930da1752733deef3.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by mogwild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell,  your OD UNIMOG in snow reminds me of Bosnia when we went to the firing range on Igman mountain during the winter... I had a 2to Flat bed UNIMOG with MSA (Modulare Schutzausstaung) with other words it was bullet proof. Men this throws me back in time  :rolleyes:

I will check shipping options - I´ll send you a PM

Edited by Constabulary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now