All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. dikman

Making a maul (Rawhide! Yeehah!).

No worries, Yin. The dark centre of the mass doesn't feel damp, but it's obvious that it can't be completely dry yet. It has formed a pretty solid lump, though, as it can be screwed along the rod without any of the discs coming loose. I'm going away for a couple of weeks so I'll let it stand, open at both ends.
  3. Szkil

Is it a Pfaff 1245 or a 1246

Ok a bit more digging turns out that this is a Pfaff 1242.
  4. TargetRockLeather

Hand sewing long runs

There's a trick I saw in a Weaver Leathercraft video that might be helpful. Chuck Dorset does a thing where he passes about half of the thread through each of the needles, which reduces the distance by half. Take a look at his video here and jump to around 15:20 to see it done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEsSbYBLxD4
  5. Today
  6. DV8DUG

The Lupus Monstera Bracer

That looks awesome!
  7. I actually just sold this. I measured the customer and lengthened accordingly. She loves it!
  8. Here is my newly built clicker press for under $175. All of the sales and certain matching coupons I have for harbor freight matched up this last full moon. The press for $100 and the air/hydro for $72. Score.
  9. ScoobyNewbie

So pumped!

Thank you!
  10. I believe they would be standard. They are fairly hefty chunks of steel. Hope this help s, Terry
  11. SeppoKaitainen

Which leather burnishing machine to buy?

KittenThrasher - how did you attach the burnisher to your old bench grinder?
  12. Are you still selling these tally book covers?
  13. Northmount

Talented YouTuber

I fixed the link to make it "clickable" Tom
  14. YinTx

Making a maul (Rawhide! Yeehah!).

Coming along quite well. I have an old mallet that needs new rawhide discs, so I've been following along on this to see if I can glean some insight on how to accomplish it. Thanks for sharing so far! YinTx
  15. bikermutt07

Talented YouTuber

I was in a rush and just wanted to pass along that it wasn't a working link in case the OP wanted to know. Thanks.
  16. SPI? standard or slimline? Thanks, YinTx
  17. penguineer

Hand sewing long runs

That's it. I can do it in my sleep(probably do it better that way) but it's hard to put it into words. Cheers!
  18. billybopp

So pumped!

Congratulations! Bill
  19. ScoobyNewbie

So pumped!

Hi everybody! (Complete with Grover arms) I am sooooo pumped! I just finished paying for, and am picking up tomorrow, a Cobra 4 -16” and a Thompson Walking Foot machine! I also am the proud owner of a paper weight with a treadle, that says it’s a Singer 29-something. I get to try and fix that up on my own. Fun! My husband has kindly cleared the garage out for a leather/craft shop and plans are underway to change a church table into a leather table! Can clear shoe boxes with foam for my stamps be far away? I’m going to ask a gentleman in the area to make sure the two new machines are in spec. I have been told he’s really good with industrial machines, soooo, yeah, pumped! I’ve been talking to several people about learning from real professionals about shoe/boot making/repair and saddlemaking/repair. So, do any of you have names of people in the Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas or South Dakota areas that give lessons about shoes/boots/saddles/harness? oh, and now I get the museum of sewing machines tendency! The right tool for the right job! Sorry about before!
  20. Bennyleather

Looking For Marble Or Granite

Ha why didn't I think of that? Lol
  21. Grumpymann

Looking For Marble Or Granite

I used Google, search for conveyor belt.
  22. ScoobyNewbie

Cow and Bison backpack

Love the wide top and edges to keep the rain out! Beautiful!
  23. Yesterday
  24. ScoobyNewbie

Backpack Pattern

You can just glue them together, but remember to make a hem. It looks more professional, and keeps your edges from fraying. Oh. Sorry, this is if you are using fabric for the liner.
  25. mikesc

Talented YouTuber

(ô v ô)
  26. johnv474

Talented YouTuber

Go penguins! time to try a new distro
  27. Buyer disappeared. An 11 tooth and a four tooth, in mint condition. Eighty dollars, shipped no charge in U.S. Will have to check shipping charges for international.
  28. KennethM

Advice needed

Thanks for the tips everyone Aircrafts..Using #69 thread may work better with floppy leather?I been using just a left toe foot attachment vs th3 double feet
  1. Load more activity