• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Don55

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Location
    North Carolina
  • Interests
    Photography, cooking, repairing small engines, retirement!

LW Info

  • Leatherwork Specialty
    None at this time
  • Interested in learning about
    Leather working, tools, marketing
  • How did you find
  1. Greetings. I am new to serious Leathercraft, first time posting and still have a lot to learn (given that I am 65 doesn’t leave me a LOT of time to learn it!!) But I am having a devil of a time locating a piece of hardware for attaching rivets and chicago screws to in the tops of leather purses and briefcases. The piece I’m referring to is a thin metal strip about an inch wide and probably about 10 inches long. It gets sandwiched between the inner and outside layers of leather when attaching the handle to not only provide a secure means of attachment for the screws/riveting, but also stiffens and reinforces the top of the bag or case. They exist, because I’ve seen them used, especially in high-end bags and cases. Bu I cannot locate a source for them anywhere!! I have googled every term I can think of and some my wife dreamed up, but no luck. I have called a couple of baggage parts suppliers and they don’t seem to have a clue as to what I’m talking about. If anyone knows the proper name for these little guys and a source (preferably in the US if possible) you will have my eternal gratitude!! Thanks a bunch for your help.