Frodo

How much for your belts?

That is the question i was asked 2 days ago at a Spring fling Fair

So i gave the guy a price. he quickly told me that was to high and countered with a REALLY LOW price of $20.00

Instead of being insulted and going on a rant with this guy. I grinned and said  YES SIR, i reached in a tote and pulled out a dyed belt blank. No holes no buckle

and handed it to him.  He looked at me and asked ''what is this?"  I said it is a $20.00 dollar belt.  

Then I added, if you want me to cut it to length and add a buckle/snaps and holes  that will be extra.

he put the belt down on the table and walked off.  I got a huge laugh out of the exchange. 

Oh dang....  that is PERFECT!!  My wife put herself through college in the seventies doing belts and purses. She just read this and grinned!  Nothing has changed but the prices.

God bless,

Mike and Valerie

27 minutes ago, Frodo said:

That is the question i was asked 2 days ago at a Spring fling Fair

So i gave the guy a price. he quickly told me that was to high and countered with a REALLY LOW price of $20.00

Instead of being insulted and going on a rant with this guy. I grinned and said  YES SIR, i reached in a tote and pulled out a dyed belt blank. No holes no buckle

and handed it to him.  He looked at me and asked ''what is this?"  I said it is a $20.00 dollar belt.  

Then I added, if you want me to cut it to length and add a buckle/snaps and holes  that will be extra.

he put the belt down on the table and walked off.  I got a huge laugh out of the exchange. 

:thumbsup: I'll use that one of these days lol

Not throwing any doubts about Frodo doing this, but many others have done the same and its become a common joke

Not too long ago I told my #1 son the story about Benjamin Franklin. He was a book publisher as well as a kite flyer.

The story goes;

a customer asks Franklin's assistant how much for a certain book - $1.

Thats too dear, get Benjamin out.

BF comes out from his printing.

How much for this book?

$1.25.

But your assistant said $1.

Yes, and now Its $1.50.

A moment ago you said $1.25 and now you want $1.50!

No, now I want $1.75, the longer you keep me here away from my work you'll pay for my time.

The man ended up paying $2 for that book

My #1 applies that principle to his time-wasting customers since hearing that story, but he adds on £20 to £100 depending on how busy he is

Sorry for the deviation but I just had to share that

Just now, fredk said:

Not throwing any doubts about Frodo doing this, but many others have done the same and its become a common joke

Not too long ago I told my #1 son the story about Benjamin Franklin. He was a book publisher as well as a kite flyer.

The story goes;

a customer asks Franklin's assistant how much for a certain book - $1.

Thats too dear, get Benjamin out.

BF comes out from his printing.

How much for this book?

$1.25.

But your assistant said $1.

Yes, and now Its $1.50.

A moment ago you said $1.25 and now you want $1.50!

No, now I want $1.75, the longer you keep me here away from my work you'll pay for my time.

The man ended up paying $2 for that book

My #1 applies that principle to his time-wasting customers since hearing that story, but he adds on £20 to £100 depending on how busy he is

Sorry for the deviation but I just had to share that

I like that.  and YES the exchange actually did happen  People think we are selling cheap wally world crap. and we have to think of intelligent non ranting ways to get our point across.  UNknown to me a couple heard that exchange and he bought a belt while making a joke of not asking the price

I have this sign on my stall:

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.”

HS

I paid a guy $100 for a belt he was going to give me for free:yes:Long story

Could you tell me a location? or maybe some adress or name of this person? 

1 hour ago, Cassy0110 said:

Could you tell me a location? or maybe some adress or name of this person? 

which person?