i'd like to know if they would be any significant different between these two bison leather made by the hide house that would make one better for making working step in shotgun chaps.

https://www.hidehouse.com/Leather/Apache-Bison-Bison-Full-Grain-Aniline-Finish-BA02-P.asp

https://www.hidehouse.com/Leather/Navajo-Bison-Bison-Full-Grain-Aniline-Finish-BN22-P.asp

I may be wrong, but I doubt anyone on this board will be able to answer your question. Suggest you call the Hide House and ask them. 

Navajo has a 'soft-medium hand. Apache has a 'medium' hand. The Navajo will likely be more supple/flexible, making it more comfortable to wear.

6 hours ago, hickok55 said:

i'd like to know if they would be any significant different between these two bison leather made by the hide house that would make one better for making working step in shotgun chaps.

You should order their Sample Book so you can see the differences for yourself. I know the people at The Hide House, and I'm sure they'd be glad to talk with you about their products.

Excuse me being nosy. Is there a particular reason why you're buying leather from the US? Seems like a lot of bother and expense, unless you're really keen on something not available more locally.

10 hours ago, Matt S said:

Excuse me being nosy. Is there a particular reason why you're buying leather from the US? Seems like a lot of bother and expense, unless you're really keen on something not available more locally.

i really like bison leather and the only people in the uk at leather i really like is baker j & f j there to expensive for me right now.