Woehlk

Pfaff 335 H2 complete rebuild thread

This reminds me so much of when I was younger, and build WW2 models. I painted Germans tanks, and they was also painted this shade of gray :thumbsup:

Also has a little submarines vibes? :D 

DSC03368.jpeg

Nice work! Looking good  & YOUNGER!

Soo, a little update. All parts have been primered, and are ready for painting, will go by the car painters tomorrow I think. 

Also, I broke the little oil cup at the top. Glued it on, but did not like it. could not find any online,  So had a new brass one made :thumbsup:

IMG_5428.jpeg

Lovely little brass piece. Nicely done!

I need more popcorn for this build. Nice work. 

So made myself a little spray area. Old table, clothes drying rack and some plastic B) Work like a charm

IMG_5447.thumb.jpeg.4b661db22d86cc58a2b062190009a075.jpeg

Im going this color scheme. The brown color by itself, its kinda ugly, but together with green, I love it :D

preview.jpg.17e3398712fb423b04c9197d261e3be9.jpg

Finished in flat mat. The machine will be satin :D

IMG_5448.thumb.jpeg.f54fdfe0df0f2c99d283e6a06fff6c00.jpeg

On 4/1/2022 at 11:13 AM, Thescandall said:

I need more popcorn for this build. Nice work. 

You said it!  This is the best show around —thank you so much for sharing this journey with us, Woehlk. :)

30 minutes ago, ButtonLady said:

You said it!  This is the best show around —thank you so much for sharing this journey with us, Woehlk. :)

haha, im just glad anybody want to hear about it. My family and friends think im insane. :rofl:

"Please dont talk about that stupid machine again! Why didn't you just buy a new model???"

6 minutes ago, Woehlk said:

haha, im just glad anybody want to hear about it. My family and friends think im insane. :rofl:

"Please dont talk about that stupid machine again! Why didn't you just buy a new model???"

when you are bitten by the bug there is no cure - cast iron sewing thingies can become addictive. Guess how I know. :whistle:But meanwhile I found a way to let some of them go again (but only when other cast iron is knocking on the door)

The color reminds me of some "Pink Panther" British SAS desert Landrovers.

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/759419555889957308/

Edited by Constabulary

1 hour ago, Woehlk said:

You got Pfaffitis - no cure. Sorry!

6 hours ago, Woehlk said:

Ignore them, they're heathens and have no understanding of the finer things in life.;)

So only missing painting the hand wheel, and latch for pivot lock. 
Correcting the color in my computer for this photo, so the color matched the original better. :thumbsup: But still lowing somewhat iffy. Don't know why, but this type of brown, is super hard to photograph! :huh:

DSC03375.thumb.jpeg.4d93b79fb0a3dba0f90aa32c380df589.jpeg

Look what I got today!, the decals! and wow, they are perfect. the gold color is so good! Can't wait to see them on the dark green machine :)IMG_5463.thumb.jpeg.412adbcb3d6d60b5ca050f30511f1ccc.jpeg

IMG_5461.thumb.jpeg.de8612f04eb91d28ae87699455d7cbb3.jpeg

Was a little bored today, so had time to assemble the needle bar frame. 
Also, bought my first nail polish today, to paint the red parts for oiling :wub::P

Went to the painters yesterday, they had a 3 month waiting time :O Sooo, im painting her myself this weekend. 

IMG_5474.jpeg

On 4/4/2022 at 5:56 AM, Woehlk said:

Look what I got today!, the decals! and wow, they are perfect. the gold color is so good! Can't wait to see them on the dark green machine :)

Woehlk, the decals are Soooooo Coooool    !!!!!!!!

Gotta get me some of them one day, when I repaint my Pfaff 138-6. Her decals are more brown and gold, I think. However, I'd go for those Gold ones if I couldn't find the original colors.

Bling bling!

Great job so far on your machine! I love that you changed that color scheme too. So you are doing the painting yourself. I must say, you are as bold as that paint scheme you chose! Please keep us posted, what paint are you using? Can it be picked up at local hardware store or did you plan to use something else for paint? Enamel? Rustoleum? Other?

Are you sure you are going to want to sew on it when you are done? Might be too pretty! 

Edited by suzelle

Thank you so much Suzelle! :lol:
And yes, the color scheme is really bold, and believe me, I been over, about every color in the book :P Mint green was leading a long time :D, also dull yellow. Real 1950 Colors. 

Well, I have gotten this far, painting should be a breeze :D also, easier to repair chips in the paint, if I have all the paints on hand. 

So the sprays I use is a semi pro painting system, made In germany I think. They are not too expensive, compared to the named brands in my country, prices are the same. about 10-15$

Prepping is key when painting. First, epoxy primer, 2 layers, then sand it lightly, then filler primer. (magic on spray) fills out tiny imperfections in the casting ect. Really nice. Then sand again, then 2 coats of color, and then 2 coats of lacquer. 
The main body will have a 2 component lacquer, that is much harder, and can stand oil and hard chemicals when dry. 
IMG_5503.thumb.jpeg.c0c966c5240f70e077e4d58f9fee9d64.jpeg
I knoooow this a lot of work for most people, but I suffer from depression, and the way for me to keep it at bay, is to focus my free time on something :D 

I love patina, tells a story. But I want to put on my own patina. Every crack in the paint from now on, will tell my story. 
The machine will be right in my living room, where my workshop is. So it have be be kind of pretty, fitting in with my furniture ect. 

I do mostly dog collars, sewing by hand. I will continue to do that, but I want to make harnesses, and these require a lot of sewing, and doing it by hand, my customers won't be able to afford it:unsure:

So, Karen, as a call her now, will be a workhorse the next decades im my little shop, and daddy gave her a new dress for the job :rofl:

jjj.thumb.jpg.a5fe3d292a3fb57ba23990a8c0ca4a8f.jpg

Woehlk, great of you to share the steps you go through. I think this is not too much work at all to do for Sweet Karen! LOL. She will feel pretty and that always makes a girl have a better day. Your day will be better cause her day is better. Hehe. What a great way to start your life together making harnesses and collars!!!

On 4/3/2022 at 3:15 AM, suzelle said:

You got Pfaffitis - no cure. Sorry!

Nice one Suzelle...

Surely this is a Pfaffination - not just a viral issue....

I don't ordinarily speak with a lisp- only happens after too many drinks.

But then maybe we're all just Pfaffin about ?  :)

Great thread Woehlk- nice to see the whole process- excellent!

I have a 335 too waiting for me to set up properly so watching this with keen interest thanks  :thumbsup:

Soo, a little update. Getting the right dark green paint, was kind of next to impossible :O The auto painter, that makes the paint, only uses RAL, OEM, and car make colors. Most dark green car colors have metallic ind them. and I did not want what. to "new", for and older lady. 

The more I thought about it, im giving a 76 year old lady a makeover, fair enough, but then to put her in colors of today. Hmm, did not like that. 

SO, color change. THIS, is the new color. still green, but from her childhood, so it should fit a lot better. Sure, I need to repaint the smaller things I think, a lighter tan to go with it. But my gut says its for the better :wub:

Pastel-Green-1696x1122.jpg

How about British Racing Green? It´s close to RAL 6005 afaik. Very classic color and never out of date ;)

Always wanted to paint a machine with 6005 but I always end up with silver or crackle coating (very predictable :whistle:)

Edited by Constabulary

17 minutes ago, Woehlk said:

Soo, a little update. Getting the right dark green paint, was kind of next to impossible :O The auto painter, that makes the paint, only uses RAL, OEM, and car make colors. Most dark green car colors have metallic ind them. and I did not want what. to "new", for and older lady. 

The more I thought about it, im giving a 76 year old lady a makeover, fair enough, but then to put her in colors of today. Hmm, did not like that. 

SO, color change. THIS, is the new color. still green, but from her childhood, so it should fit a lot better. Sure, I need to repaint the smaller things I think, a lighter tan to go with it. But my gut says its for the better :wub:

Okay, I am loving that bug!!!!! She is a beautiful old lady, classy for sure! Great color!!!!!! Wow you are good.... I used to have a 1967 VW bug, I think it was the year they converted from 6 to 12 volt? Anyhow, drove it for many years. I totally refurbed it. Used to be owned by a local mailman and it had these mailbag sized faded paint squares on each door. He drove it on his route. It was very clean and staight though, so I total repainted it the original VW Red. The seats were black. I recovered those. It was totally re-wired, new everything. I just loved that car! But my Husband called it the death trap. I eventually let him buy me a brand new vehicle. Much safer, but oh how I missed my bug!

Oops, I am so sidetracked by the Volkswagon - memories. :) Okay, Woehlk, so this is the shade of green you want to paint your Pfaff? Love love love it!

Edited by suzelle

On 4/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, FatDuck said:

Nice one Suzelle...

Surely this is a Pfaffination - not just a viral issue....

I don't ordinarily speak with a lisp- only happens after too many drinks.

But then maybe we're all just Pfaffin about ?  :)

Great thread Woehlk- nice to see the whole process- excellent!

I have a 335 too waiting for me to set up properly so watching this with keen interest thanks  :thumbsup:

FatDuck,

You have Pfaffitis too? Can't wait to see when you post about setting up your Pfaff 335! Congrats to you. Yes, this is a great thread, really enjoying it!

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

How about British Racing Green? It´s close to RAL 6005 afaik. Very classic color and never out of date ;)

Always wanted to paint a machine with 6005 but I always end up with silver or crackle coating (very predictable :whistle:)

I was thinking that, but even RAL 6005 is looking vary different on google. Some om them I like, other I dont. 

2 hours ago, suzelle said:

Okay, I am loving that bug!!!!! She is a beautiful old lady, classy for sure! Great color!!!!!! Wow you are good.... I used to have a 1967 VW bug, I think it was the year they converted from 6 to 12 volt? Anyhow, drove it for many years. I totally refurbed it. Used to be owned by a local mailman and it had these mailbag sized faded paint squares on each door. He drove it on his route. It was very clean and staight though, so I total repainted it the original VW Red. The seats were black. I recovered those. It was totally re-wired, new everything. I just loved that car! But my Husband called it the death trap. I eventually let him buy me a brand new vehicle. Much safer, but oh how I missed my bug!

Oops, I am so sidetracked by the Volkswagon - memories. :) Okay, Woehlk, so this is the shade of green you want to paint your Pfaff? Love love love it!

Haha I love that memory!, Be sure to find a picture for me some day! :guitar:
I love old cars, like sewing machines, Cars had soul back then, don't know when they lost is :huh:

The VW red is also super nice. was looking at the VW tangerine also.