Woehlk

Pfaff 335 H2 complete rebuild thread

8 hours ago, Constabulary said:

How about British Racing Green? It´s close to RAL 6005 afaik. Very classic color and never out of date ;)

Always wanted to paint a machine with 6005 but I always end up with silver or crackle coating (very predictable :whistle:)

That was my first thought too. It wouldn't have any metal-flake in it either, just a straight classic green.

7 hours ago, Woehlk said:

Haha I love that memory!, Be sure to find a picture for me some day! :guitar:
I love old cars, like sewing machines, Cars had soul back then, don't know when they lost is :huh:

The VW red is also super nice. was looking at the VW tangerine also. 

No, red might be weird on a sewing machine, I think it would make me sew too fast, like driving a red sports car. LOL. I have a pic or two of the old VWd floating around, I'll post when I find it!  Yes, tangerine would be nice for a sewing machine. I agree with that! A little warm in a peaceful sort of way.

Edited by suzelle

10 hours ago, dikman said:

That was my first thought too. It wouldn't have any metal-flake in it either, just a straight classic green.

Problem is, the green I wanted was this. Is has a lot more blue in it. 

HD-wallpaper-oil-creek-petroleum-hot-rod-custom-rod-street-rod-car.jpg.2dc89b19eeed1e8ed8bbea39b8df59eb.jpg

The dark RAL greens, all seam a little John Deere to me. 

4 hours ago, Woehlk said:

Problem is, the green I wanted was this. Is has a lot more blue in it. 

HD-wallpaper-oil-creek-petroleum-hot-rod-custom-rod-street-rod-car.jpg.2dc89b19eeed1e8ed8bbea39b8df59eb.jpg

The dark RAL greens, all seam a little John Deere to me. 

Oh boy, I like all greens. Green is my favorite color. That's s nice green too! But I like the Volkswagon much better. Just kiddin! Seriously though, you could paint that machine neon green and I'd still like it! In fact, I have a Neon green and Ultramarine Blue carousel printer (for tee shirt printing) in my shop. Haha!

SO the big day is her, got the paint down!! :thumbsup:

Gray primer... Just to tease a little :P

IMG_5579.thumb.jpeg.2d336e5ffb371158bbd24c3a84caeb94.jpeg

Im so happy with this color! It feel like its fits, since the paint was made around the same year as the machine. Also, it being German made. :D 

It will be less shiny, once I paint it in the satin primer. 

IMG_5581.thumb.jpeg.911c52e7900a92ffbf8ffecf6ea73c97.jpeg

IMG_5582.thumb.jpeg.160f044f0e048cfbe14fdd87cd4f6f6e.jpeg

And the new paint scheme. Think this will look so good when all the little things are painted. They will be finished in flat mat, as on the picture. To kind of resemble leather or the fabric of seats in the car. 

IMG_5583.thumb.jpeg.64eb20197cce976fd988c84862ac4b64.jpeg

There's something nice about a smooth even coat of grey primer, sometimes I think all it needs is a clearcoat over the top.:)

It's looking good so far, that green looks better than I expected.:specool:

It's gorgeous!

So I think you are pretty good at this paint stuff! Do you have a background/work in the painting business? You do make it all seem simple. The mark of a pro!

Hehe, thank you guys/gals! :guitar:

No experience in painting, other then on hobby basis, painting my sons toys ect.
im one of those people, who really struggled in school, had such a hard time learning anything. Anything with my hands, I find really easy. 

The pro can see lots of problems in my paint job, most noticeable the "bumpy"paint.  It called orange peel effect. Its hard not to get when painting at home. For me at least. Something to do with the right temperature, moisture ect.  

Got the decals on now, even the little "oil" here ones. That green just loves the gold colour huh? B)

Now it only need the satin clear coat, and then I can reassemble it again. 

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

any pics yet of the completed machine?

glenn

8 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

any pics yet of the completed machine?

glenn

Sorry I dont work that fast :D im waiting for paint to fully cure before clear coat. then I can rebuild it :D

no problem.  love to see it when it is done.

glenn

6 hours ago, Woehlk said:

Sorry I dont work that fast :D im waiting for paint to fully cure before clear coat. then I can rebuild it :D

Anxiously awaiting too! Can't wait to see her with her jewelry on!  :)

Today I started rebuilding her.

DSC03429.thumb.jpeg.eda8cf30fd238234d4762f4da2cde01f.jpeg

Couldn't resist paining in the numbers on the lever 

DSC03436.thumb.jpeg.ecfce34181dbf9f9582237b10963669d.jpeg

DSC03450.thumb.jpeg.b23dcf0955df447180cc283677272f5b.jpeg

Have not encountered any problems yet, but I will bet they will come plenty in time!

There is some play in the needle bar however. Don't know how to fix it, since its only fastened with the bobbin basket at the one end, end the cogwheel at the other. 

Any suggestions? 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.a635babf42428b79bb3c81bc19433e23.jpg

Oh, Exciting! Looking great so far!:yeah:

Just missing to find places for these screws now :P

And figuring out how to time the machine. What position the bobbin basket should be in, when the needle is down, and ect.

IMG_5636.jpeg

Edited by Woehlk

Im not gonna keep you waiting anymore :D Tada, Karen is all finished ! :D

I still need help with all the nerdy stuff, timing ect. So if anybody want to chime in, please do :D

DSC03461.jpeg

DSC03475.jpeg

DSC03467.jpeg

DSC03480.jpeg

That two-tone is very impressive. Well done. It's just a shame that some of the paint will wear off with use.

Wow! Stunning! She is  B E A U T I F U L !!! Well worth the wait! I know you need to get her all tuned up before you can start sewing on her, but what kind of sewing projects are you dreaming of? Can't wait to see what you will make and how she sews!

Oh, and that little brass piece you created that was missing is really special! Loved that and the way you restored the decals too.

Edited by suzelle

Beautiful Safari colours

Edited by Spyros

15 hours ago, dikman said:

That two-tone is very impressive. Well done. It's just a shame that some of the paint will wear off with use.

Hehe I know. But for me, I cant wait. I like the used look. When I get a leather bag, I tend to ruff it up before use :)

10 hours ago, suzelle said:

Wow! Stunning! She is  B E A U T I F U L !!! Well worth the wait! I know you need to get her all tuned up before you can start sewing on her, but what kind of sewing projects are you dreaming of? Can't wait to see what you will make and how she sews!

Oh, and that little brass piece you created that was missing is really special! Loved that and the way you restored the decals too.

THANK YOU so much!! really took some time yes, but she looks perfect in my living room right now. Next up, is custom building a table from scratch. I have a big thick oak slab in the basement I want to use! When I start, I will post in the same thread, if someone else would find that interesting maybe :thumbsup:

I sell dog collars in my shop, all hand sewn, but some people want a full harness, and that takes forever by hand!, That's where Karen comes ind. She will now make dog harnesses, with quilt and bindings. 

I must say, special thanks for you all people, I met a lot of residents from my friends, and you guys/gals cheers me on, really helped!
Without sewing Danishman and Jimi threads about this machine, I would not dare to start by myself 

very nice.   Does she sew????

glenn

Just now, shoepatcher said:

very nice.   Does she sew????

glenn

Not right now :rofl:

Im figuring out the timing still, and ordered the spring for thread tension, so cant test it. The needle strong is to long right now